3. Emerald Princess
Our fourth journey to the islands from Los Angeles. No big issues, just fun, relaxation, and good food. Worth the trip. We have never been on the Emerald Princess, same configuration as the Ruby. So it’s nice to know desk layouts in advance, I heard folks complain about the ships condition, worn out, rusting, the general garbage folks like to dump. I’m a long time cruiser. I really didn’t see too much damage, yes rusting was occurring in some areas on the outer hull, but not on the decks were we can walk around and view, the chairs and couches were in a needing for replacement. But the ship was very clean. I was looking forward to gelato, but no the equipment that displays the product was broken. Disappointing. But stuff happens. Another large issue was crappy internet. Days of blackout. Took 50 minutes to send one email. I guess I’m glad I was on vacation. Tried to seek some help from the Internet folks, I purchased the premium internet package due to a family issue we had, hoping to keep a link going back to home. But no it didn’t work out. Was given some stupid fix they were seeking to solve the outage. Effected much of the ship operations too. The ports were excellent we did have weather and princess offered umbrellas. We had some rain off and on. Overall the trip and the ship were excellent. Quick summary... Problems... Internet had serious issues. The gelato bar was closed due to equipment failure. Some harsh weather/seas first few days. Pros Staff were fantastic, Main dining food was much better. Some menu changes did occur. Horizon grill was good and tasty. They now sell crown grill steak, lobster, and other items in the main dining for $19 each! Clean ship, didn’t feel crowded, and airy. Tea time was once again great. Fast embark and debark — really fast. Ship is going into dry dock in early April.

Another successful cruise, enjoyed the journey.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by DuaneO

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Overall the trip and the ship were excellent.

Quick summary...

Problems...

Internet had serious issues.

The gelato bar was closed due to equipment failure.

Some harsh weather/seas first few days.

Pros

Staff were fantastic,

Main dining food was much better. Some menu changes did occur.

Horizon grill was good and tasty.

Clean ship, didn’t feel crowded, and airy.

Tea time was once again great.

Fast embark and debark — really fast.

Ship is going into dry dock in early April.
DuaneO’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA B402
We were upgraded to this cabin. What a quiet room. Very little noise. Middle section deck 11 (Baja) port side. The room didn’t look worn, it was very clean. Our Stewart was excellent. Plenty of closet space for the 15 day cruise. I’ve noted the cabin number for future cruises. It’s centrilized to the elevators areas. We did experience rocking but the seas did have a few days of roughness.

Highly recommend this cabin.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins