• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Sirena Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Boy, I'm gonna miss 4 o'clock tea...

Review for Sirena to Cuba

Cabin: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Upper Hall
Martinis Bar
Sweets cart during High Tea

This was our first time on Oceania. We've done a bunch of Caribbean cruises over the years, and kinda got burnt out on it, but the lure of Cuba made this cruise of interest to me. I know Oceania makes a big deal about their food, and for the most part I would say that they delivered. The dinners that we had in specialty restaurants Red Ginger, and Tuscan Steak were outstanding (5 star). The Grand dining room was excellent too, but just not quite on the same level as the specialty rooms. The only complaint my wife had was about the "lobster bisque" which she ordered both in the Tuscan Steak, and in the main dining room. She said it tasted like fish soup, not lobster bisque.

Now I know I'm being a bit picky here, and if this was our only complaint, well then things weren't so bad.

The stateroom was adequate, with the bathroom being very small. I was prepared for this though, as I had previously read comments online regarding this.

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

Cabin A1

As mentioned in my review, the cabin was adequate - bathroom small. Plenty of drawers, and with a little help from the cabin steward our bags finally did fit under the bed.

Port Reviews

Cienfuegos

Nice port. We took a carriage ride from the pier to the Casa de Los Leones, former seat of the Governor of the city, and near the center of town. Some very nice colonial architecture to see here. My wife had her hair done in a local salon on Calle San Fernando - a genuine Cuban experience well worth the $12 CUCs.

Great Stirrup Cay

Beautiful beach. With only 684 people on the ship, we had a lot of space to spread out on this private island.

previous reviewnext review