3. Caribbean Princess
I had the Panama Canal on my bucket list. This cruise satisfied my goal. Not the greatest cruise I've ever taken, however. The ship is older and in need of a complete redo. Engine vibration was so loud that we were using sign language to communicate with our tablemates in the Palm Diningroom. Cracked tiles in the public bathrooms, stained toilets, lumpy couches--you get the picture. May have been a beautiful ship in it's day--not anymore. Food was just so-so. Buffet was loaded with dishes full of mayonnaise. I stuck to salads and fruit. Omelette station in the morning was our only option. No grits!! Instead they make what looks like grits but smells like chicken fat and it sits right next to the oatmeal! Hard to take so early in the morning. The good news is that I came home 2 lbs thinner! That NEVER happens to me when I cruise. The production shows were top quality, the music was excellent throughout the ship, and the Crooner Bar was my go to spot. Best bar service on the ship. The casino was horrible. My husband and I are Video Poker players. They have machines set with 10 coin play and a progressive jackpot. We play 5 coins and a Royal Flush would only give you 1500 coins. Rotten odds, but no worry. We could barely get 4 of a kind. I hit on a random slot machine and played on their money all week. They weren't getting another dime from me! No comps for play, either. No one ever offered us so much as a diet coke! I've been on 50+ cruises--this was my first Princess cruise and probably my last.

Bucket List/Check

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Babs960

Babs960’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E224
Much smaller than I'm use to, but layout was OK. Lots of storage and bed was very comfortable. Bathroom shower is teeny tiny! No large person will feel comfortable. You'll be half in, half out!
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Panama Canal Tour
    This was why we took this cruise. Panama Canal is on my Bucket List, so "check"! The thrill of doing a partial locks, exiting the ship in Gatun Lake, traveling to the older locks, touring the strangly weird city of Colon and spending 3 hours at the Observatory with its amazing view of our ship as it exited the locks and headed around the bend to pick us up was the hi-light of our cruise. If you go, GET OFF THE SHIP and watch this once-in-a-lifetime event. Our cruise mates did not join us--for whatever reason--and I truly believe they missed the best part of the trip.Colon is strange! They are in the process of displacing 6000 families and moving them away from the waterfront so they can build a huge mall and hotels. Graft and corruption at work, I fear. Our return bus ride to the ship was scary. Rush hour, no traffic lights and cars converging at intersections with pedestrians dashing in and out. Felt like we were in the middle od a demolition derby! No horns beeping, though. Just weird!!
    View All 95 Panama Canal Tour Reviews
  • Falmouth
    Nice afternoon. Beautifully maintained Great House from the 19th Century. Once owned by Elizabeth Barret Browing's family and currently owned by a couple who allow tours and ply you with nice rum drinks at the end.
    View All 12,802 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews