3. Marella Discovery 2
There was an awesome deal through Wagjag & Sunwing so since we'd never been on a cruise before thought we'd try it & so glad we did as it's been our best trip ever by far! I'll never forget from the very first moment when we opened the door to our cabin the view that awaited us through a huge window over top of our headboard & beautiful accommodations took our breath away! The staff were so nice, helpful, accommodating & personable all the way from our handsome young Captain Chris to our 'ever present to our needs' cabin steward Bojan to the bartender Alex that gave us our very first drink then always looked for us after that, to the most talented young man I've ever met Thomas (I told him he looked like the actor Freddie Highmore) that kept us entertained night after night. There were so many more that I wish I could remember everyone's names like the lovely very helpful ladies at reception & the excursion desks to help plan trips. Also, the endless list of the most wonderful group of entertainers that provided Vegas-style shows to the many behind the scenes people that worked endlessly to provide all the delicious, varied meals & snacks you definitely never went hungry!. Words alone can't express enough the experience you provided so many thanks to all of you & we guarantee this won't be our last cruise with you!

BEST TRIP EVER!!!

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by Cindy M.

Cindy M.’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

Cabin 2012
I didn't know what to expect on a cruise thought it'd be a small claustrophobic 'closet' lol but was truly amazed at the beautiful accommodations like a luxury hotel room but on the water! We'll never forget our last day when our cabin steward Bojan got very creative with the towels so we were greeted by a little 'towel monkey' hanging from the ceiling wearing my husband's hat & he said if he'd seen sunglasses the monkey would be wearing those too!

• Cozumel
    Walked up & down the main drag which was only @ 5 miles so combined walking, taxi, & hopping on the back of a scooter! The Hard Rock Cafe was a nice stop but since it was Sunday, unfortunately, some shops like the Harley Davidson dealer were closed & I had wanted a souvenir from there! This is the only reason I gave it 4 stars, not 5 as Sunday is not a good day to stop here if you're interested in shopping but a huge mall was open.
    View All 6,681 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Again just went on our own splitting a taxi with another couple to go to the beach then on the way back paid a local taxi to just drive us around & point out the sites very relaxing!
    View All 3,385 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Havana
    We decided instead of taking an excursion we'd just wing it on our own. The front desk of the ship gave us a map & it was very easy to walk everywhere to the markets & through downtown. The highlight was treating ourselves after all that walking first to a drink on the rooftop patio with amazing views of the harbour & fort in the famous pink hotel where Ernest Hemingway stayed then a long drive in one of the old car taxis we picked a pink 1948 Dodge convertible what fun! The fact that the ship docked overnight was special in that you had lots of time to explore during the day then take in the most popular excursion at night if you wanted the Tropicana Cabaret nightclub experience!
    View All 179 Havana Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Havana Cruise Port Review
  • Montego Bay
    Because we were only on a one week cruise & not two we actually didn't have any time to do an excursion but were able to walk across to a small flea market to get a souvenir plus the bus ride from the ship to the airport was very scenic in itself so we'd like to come back!
    View All 472 Montego Bay Cruise Port Reviews