3. American Pride
As a first time river cruise client, we were anticipating a first class experience by the information provided in the ACL print, the cost associated with this booking and the communication with the sales staff prior to the trip. We were super excited to travel the Columbia and Snake rivers to see the scenery and gain knowledge on US history. To say this cruise fell short is being kind! It should have been first class all the way! Upon arrival on the ship we noticed the majority of passengers were quite elderly. The greeting as we boarded was non- welcoming and non-informative. We are 66/67 so considered seniors but the demographics were more our parents’ age. When I mentioned this to the Hotel Manger she said that was the targeted clientele . She was correct in that activities etc were geared for them. They may not be able to advertise the demographics but it could be inferred in the literature in other ways. ****EVENING ENTERTAINMENT- from 8:15 to 9 with 4 evenings that were utterly awful! The 3 evenings that were ok, people wanted the entertainer to continue but they were not contracted to do so! Nothing to do after 9...not even able to get a drink! At 9 o’clock the ship was dead!! When I asked the Hotel Manager about this she said the staff has long days so they need to be finished by then! Really!? We are on vacation! In our opinion it should have been staffed later than 9! Nothing fun on the ship, not even music in the main areas! Nothing to give you the feel of where you were traveling. As we were traveling along the river it would have been great to know some of the things we were seeing...names of mountains, dams etc. just a daily paper with the names of the cities and dams. Announcements!? ****FOOD- I am gluten intolerant and had sent the information to the cruise line immediately in their forms and even discussed prior to booking. On level 4 where snacks were available, my only choice throughout the trip was apples, oranges and sometime bananas! I am not expecting to be catered to but even the chips were “Sun Chips” which are not GF! How is it in this day and age that granola bars, potato chips, corn chips, nuts, chocolates etc could have not been offered that are GF? Other people enjoy those foods without being GF! I also know there were others that were GF as well. It was the same snacks for all 7 days! I am sure others would have appreciated variety! For breakfast, I could have eggs with meats or one type of yogurt. In 7 breakfast meals only 3 days were a GF pastry offered, half the time nothing! No other GF items offered!! The left over banana bread was also offered for dessert at lunch and dinner!!! Bedsides Ice Cream I had two choices for dessert in 14 meals besides banana bread!! Meals on ships are suppose to be a treat. Taking the GF experience out of the equation, the food was AWEFUL!!! Last meal was good....I guess to send us off with a good feeling about the meals! *****ATTIRE - Several days before we left I called asking about the attire on the ship. I was told the dinner attire was no shorts, no jeans, no gym shoes. Men were to wear dress pants, dress shirts and even sport coats on cooler evenings. Women in dress slacks or dresses. We packed accordingly. This is also published on their website. People dined in the same clothes as they had worn all day walking around. Men were in crumbled shorts, gym shoes, sweat shirts and most women not much better. What a disappointment. ****EXCURSIONS- Pendleton tour-Would you not think that going to a Western Steak House That you would be served bee? None of the three options met the theme! No beef offered! Since I am GF my only option was a salad! ! I had two salads!!! The tour in Pendleton was less than 10 minutes, not much force. The remaining time was for shopping!! Not worth $99pp. Falls trip- the ship was notified that we could only see the falls from below since there was work being done above. We spent 5-10 minutes viewing the falls from the ground and the remains 50+ minutes standing around waiting to get back on the bus or in the gift shop! There are other places to see in the area. Total waste of time!!! Trips had a zero level of physical activity besides getting on and off the bus! At the Maritime Museum only the admission was covered, not any of the film options...all of which were more than the admission. Not disclosed my ACL. ****STAFF - The wait staff in the dining room was wonderful, hard working, young and friendly people and the bus drivers were all quite informative and nice. Ian has a lot of knowledge and, for the most part, delivered history information well. Sometimes a little too demonstrative and lengthy on a point. *****VALUE- We feel that the trip was not worth the money. After the cruise we spent time at beautiful resorts, dining at high end restaurants and visiting sites. Our expenses were less than half of the daily rate and far nicer in every way!! MOST IMPORTANTLY...their customer service did not care about our dissatisfaction! It took them weeks to get back to me with the same info here that I provided to them. Then, it was a phone call asking me about our experience!!! WOW!!! NEVER EVER GO WITH AMERICAN CRUISE LINE...THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!!!

EVEN AN ACTIVE 90 YEAR OLD WOULD BE BORED...NEVER AGAIN!!!!

American Pride Cruise Review by Grammom3

****FOOD-

*****ATTIRE -

****EXCURSIONS-

****STAFF -

*****VALUE-

NEVER EVER GO WITH AMERICAN CRUISE LINE...THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!!!
Grammom3’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Pride price drops

Clean but very dated.Amble storage. Not impressed!