3. Disney Magic
We Have cruised on all of the popular cruise lines and are Diamond Club members on Royal Caribbean. As a college student, I worked for three summers on Passenger Liners. Having five (5) grandchildren and a fortieth wedding anniversary, we were treated to a Disney Cruise by my daughter and her husband. This was my son-in-law's first cruise. My son and his family were also invited. The cabin, a suite, was very impressive (see below for further details). The Concierge staff was excellent. They couldn't do enough. The Concierge lounge had a very good selection of light foods and drinks. The regular dining rooms were a big disappointment. For the price of this cruise, the dinners were average. The first night, we were unable to cut the steaks. We tried two different types. For some reason, the Lumiere Dining Room had somewhat better food. The service in the dining rooms was very good. The Fee Dining Restaurant, Palo, was superb. The food was delicious and the service was excellent ( they refused a separate gratuity). The Gym had excellent equipment and a very attentive staff. However, whenever I went, it was practically empty. The outside deck (4?) was made of wood and a favorite place to walk or run. My grandchildren loved the Disney characters and shows. My daughter thought that the Musicals were "Broadway Quality." The entertainment was not geared to adults. Disney Cay was the best of the private islands that we have visited. The cabana was very worthwhile. The Barbecue was your usual cruise line fare. I have been visiting Nassau for 50 years. Bay Street needs some improvement. Atlantis has become a "city" and isn't the luxury resort that it used to be. My grandchildren liked the water park there. Key West has become very commercial. Docking at the Naval Base is like being in a separate country. You are not allowed to walk around and they check you when enter on the shuttle. Docking downtown is preferable. The Service was top flight. Despite being 20 years old, the ship was spotless. Embarkation and Disembarkation were very smooth and efficient. My grandchildren loved this cruise: The food, entertainment and the Disney Characters. The oldest's (5) favorite place was the Concierge Lounge. Even the one year old missed the cruise. As a Group, we had a wonderful time (due to the children). We would consider going again; if they improved the food, added entertainment for grown-ups and they moved one of their other ships to Miami.

Fabulous Cruise For Children

Disney Magic Cruise Review by DrDenis1

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah

The cabin, a suite, was very impressive (see below for further details).

The Service was top flight. Despite being 20 years old, the ship was spotless.

Embarkation and Disembarkation were very smooth and efficient.

As a Group, we had a wonderful time (due to the children).

DrDenis1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Disney Magic price drops

Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah
Cabin 00T 8600
The suite was very spacious. Two Bathrooms, two desks, a table, walk in closets, and two thermostats added to our comfort. The balcony was large enough for 2 reclining chairs, 2 side chairs and a small table. However, the terrace had a sold metal wall which prevented a view of the water when you sat down. The flat screen televisions had a limited number of channels.

The bedroom steward was excellent.
Deck 8 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins