3. Norwegian Gem
I choose this cruise because a friend won the trip. We were treated well because we were Casino cruisers, so our embarkment was quick and painless! We ate when we got on the ship at OSheehan's and the food was not very good. The portions for the appetizers were small and although we could have ordered more they were not good enough to want to. I understand about why there are not straws, but it is hard to drink frozen drinks without a straw-there has to be a way around this. I was very disappointed on the overall trip and I would never travel on this line again especially at this time of year. I was surprised at the lack of pride many of the workers had for their jobs except for the bar staff, room staff and entertainment. The wait staff was less than efficient, most of the time the wait for food and drinks was poor. One night I did not get my glass of wine I ordered at the start of my meal until my dessert came. I was pleased that you could order 2 drinks at a time which came in handy since the staff was not good at coming to you. I felt the food was the same at the buffet each day- little variety, in the dining rooms it was almost the same each night. I had pork one night and it was tough, and a steak another that was less than tender. I had a couple pasta meals with seafood that were good- On Carnival we had lobster one night- Hmm did I miss that night on the Gem- nope was not offered. I was unimpressed with the taste and variety. Excursions? I missed a whole island with no compensation, Our excursion in Florida was cancelled, and Nassau was fine. super disappointing! The shows were impressive- the bands were fantastic and the dancers in Blazin Boots and the show the last night were superb.supurb I would most likely go back to Carnival even if they charged more for the same cruise, because the staff seems to really like their jobs-they have entertainment at meals and the staff was great with the children. I did not feel any connection with any of the servers except for at the bars.

poor

JenniferV’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 10065
our cabin was adequate- our room steward was excellent
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins