• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

JenniferV
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside

I choose this cruise because a friend won the trip. We were treated well because we were Casino cruisers, so our embarkment was quick and painless! We ate when we got on the ship at OSheehan's and the food was not very good. The portions for the appetizers were small and although we could have ordered more they were not good enough to want to. I understand about why there are not straws, but it is hard to drink frozen drinks without a straw-there has to be a way around this.

I was very disappointed on the overall trip and I would never travel on this line again especially at this time of year. I was surprised at the lack of pride many of the workers had for their jobs except for the bar staff, room staff and entertainment. The wait staff was less than efficient, most of the time the wait for food and drinks was poor. One night I did not get my glass of wine I ordered at the start of my meal until my dessert came. I was pleased that you could order 2 drinks at a time which came in handy since the staff was not good at coming to you. I felt the food was the same at the buffet each day- little variety, in the dining rooms it was almost the same each night. I had pork one night and it was tough, and a steak another that was less than tender. I had a couple pasta meals with seafood that were good- On Carnival we had lobster one night- Hmm did I miss that night on the Gem- nope was not offered. I was unimpressed with the taste and variety.

Excursions? I missed a whole island with no compensation, Our excursion in Florida was cancelled, and Nassau was fine. super disappointing!

Mid-Ship Inside

Cabin IA

our cabin was adequate- our room steward was excellent

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

It was cancelled on us due to windy conditions

Great Stirrup Cay

was cancelled due to weather- no compensation to travelers

Nassau

we sat on the beach and shopped because we had planned on doing excursions at the other ports

4 Helpful Votes