3. Carnival Miracle
We choose this cruise because it left from Tampa (closest to our home) and visited the Panama Canal, along with other ports we have not been to. The weather (Dec. 2-16) was perfect! Shorts and short-sleeved shirts were fine for the day, while long pants and long sleeves were desired in the evening. This was a "journey" cruise which we had not heard of before. There was a lot to do on board! Many trivia and other games filled our days. Entertainment was good in the evenings. If you like karaoke, there were many opportunities to show off your talent. Different decades were highlighted on sea days. Frankie, our cruise director, and his staff were fantastic! The ship was decorated for Christmas, and many of the cruisers came out with their Christmas outfits all the time. Room doors were decorated more than normal, too. There were very few children on board (maybe 7), probably because it was a 14 day cruise. We did not play in the casino, but it was a very large room and filled all the time. Unfortunately, this made that area of the ship very smokey, and one susceptible to breathing issues might have a problem. The food was okay. I was excited to see lobster at two of the gala nights (no extra fee). I thought the main dining room was a bit dark; it would have been nice to have a little more lighting, especially since the main color was purples. By the end of the cruise, I was bored with the lido food (which maybe was a good thing since everyone was eating too much)!!! I remember from past cruises that the waitstaff and room stewards used our names and greeted us every night; ours didn't do well in that department; maybe they were just overworked. I loved having breakfast on our balcony each morning. Having room service bring us a few things kept us from eating too much. It was nice to relax with the waves lapping while reading or playing my ukulele. As far as the ports, we didn't get off the ship in Cozumel since we've been there before. Costa Rica was disappointing, maybe because we didn't opt for any excursions. Cartegena was surprisingly nice: right off the ship there was a bird aviary with birds, flamingos, monkeys, and other creatures among the tropical plants. Aruba was wonderful! We got on the city bus ($5 roundtrip) and spent the day at Palm Beach, then shopped when we got back to town. Sat at a bar and got free wi-fi (with the purchase of a drink). Curacao is always fun. It was the most decorated for Christmas. Walked over the moving bridge to town and did a lot of walking and shopping. Last stop was Montego Bay, another disappointing port, a few 'huts' of souvenirs. Oh, the Panama Canal was different ... took most of the day. It was hot sitting in the front of the ship. A man was announcing the history of the canal which was nice. My husband enjoyed going through and seeing how the locks worked.

Journey Cruise to Panama Canal

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by keepsakefl

keepsakefl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 7129
The cabin was perfect! Lots of storage, comfortable bed, couch and chair, and a nice balcony. Since there were rooms above and below us, noise was minimal. No problems with this room.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins