• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Heathersj
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Oceanview Porthole Window

I read all of the reviews before booking this cruise with Norwegian sky. The cost was an expensive for me to travel alone, so I booked it with no expectations. The reviews were right on. It was an all inclusive cruise to the Bahamas from Miami. I booked an Outside room which is the perfect size for just me. I’ve been on two cruises previous so I understood the room size is quite small. The round porthole window was huge and really cool to look out in the morning as we were docking at the ports. The weather wasn’t great it was cold, very windy, the boat was rocking. Of course none of that is the cruise fault and to be expected in December no big deal. However! The staff was well under par. From customer service, to the shops, to the bars, restaurants and Most important the food. Mediocre or less. I’m not a big drinker so the all inclusive alcohol didn’t really matter to me. I’m glad for that because the bar staff always seemed like you were interrupting them and I only had a few drinks the whole entire cruise. The wait staff walking around the deck barely interacted with the cruising people. The recreation staff tried to get people involved but there was an a lot of space. At the end of the day, I’d rather pay more Money for better service, better food and a better ship in general.

Oceanview Porthole Window

Cabin OG

The cabin was good. As expected. The housekeeping staff was awesome seeing how I never saw them but my room is always clean and perfect.

Port Reviews

Great Stirrup Cay

The shops were poor. They all have the same stuff. It was probably mostly due to the weather. However, I was not impressed. Stayed in Port for about an hour and then took the tender back to the ship. Not worth my time.

Nassau

Catamaran boat ride was fun and entertaining. I opted out of the bus tour on land.

Find a Norwegian Sky Cruise from $279