This was my fifth cruise. First time with HAL. Booked at last minute due to price and itinerary. Booked a guarantee VH verandah cabin and received a VC cabin on deck 5. Very happy with cabin. Loved that the cabin came with full length bathrobes and Ellis products and bar fridge that actually worked. Bed very comfy and stewards worked hard to keep cabin spotless. Aircon worked well. Had early dinner most nights in MDR. Food was tasty and hot and service was exemplary from all staff. Had breakfast in the MDR twice. Food was great but service was not on first visit. 2nd time it was much better. Lido deck buffet had lots of healthy options which was great. Often took my food out to the tables next to the lido deck pool as I found the aircon in the buffet area too cool. Service in lido buffet was always friendly and efficient. I didn't go to many of the shows but I went to all the informative talks in the vista lounge on subjects related to the areas we were cruising. War History in PNG, Sociology in the Pacific, talk from a reef pilot. All very interesting. Some parts of the ship were cold from the aircon especially midship and the vista lounge. Make sure you pack a light throw or some similar. Average age was 60 upwards. I am a decade younger and had a lovely time. Everyone was friendly. There was only about a dozen kids on board. They seemed to be having fun in the pool. I did a spin class in the gym and was impressed. Great instructor and equipment. I didn't use the pool much as it was too warm. 30c most days. Felt more like a warm bath. $20 bag of laundry was excellent value. Came back next day. I liked the feel of this ship. With 1900 passengers it never felt crowded. Tenders ran smoothly and there was never much of a wait. We visited PNG and FNQ. All ports were interesting. Pre-booked quite a few ship tours. Also did a private tour and explored on my own or with friends met on board. All went smoothly. Apart from the pool, I have no complaints and would book the Noordam again.

First time with HAL

Noordam Cruise Review by aussielozzie18

$20 bag of laundry was excellent value. Came back next day.

Apart from the pool, I have no complaints and would book the Noordam again.
aussielozzie18’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VC 5176
Very happy with cabin. It was a guarantee. Close to lifts and stairs. Straight up to level 9 for Lido Buffet or straight down to Level 3 for MDR and outside walking deck. Long walk to Vista Lounge.

Comfy bed, working fridge, bathrobes, plenty of storage, small sofa and otterman and coffee table, hairdryer. 2 chairs with cushions on deck and small table.

Stewards worked hard to keep it spotless twice a day.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins