3. Norwegian Epic
Recommended by family to choose NCL. Scary and long check-in to board the ship in Orlando, it took over 3 hours. There was no organization at all and at times the public became verbally abusive to others cutting in the line-ups. In fact, it was very scary at times! Once on board, our room a mini-suite was incredible. Very spacious with plenty of storage. However, I fear that there may be mold nestling under the carpets in the rooms due to the very humid climates. I am very allergic to mold and developed a serious sore throat and terrible cough which was always worse when I was in my cabin at night. The staff, food, entertainment I would rate as excellent! Some improvements need to be made with regard to the lack of space on sea days on deck 15 around the main pool area. The pools are much too small and not enough sun-beds around the pool for everybody. Pools could also be added to deck 18 on the sun decks to increase the number of pools for everybody to use. Making dinner reservations for a la carte restaurants was a nightmare!!! We paid for the additional 3 meals, impossible to choose the meal times you wanted!! This is not acceptable when you have paid extra for these restaurants! Also, if you do not have the alcohol package two glasses of house wine is over $20 USD which is absolutely ridiculous!! Also NCL add 18% gratuity onto everything, so don't tip extra!! NCL NEED to lower the alcohol drink prices this is a rip-off! Overall we had a fabulous vacation and I am just giving you and NCL an honest opinion. We will sail with them again but making sure we choose the all-inclusive beverage package and I will avoid the small port in Orlando to board the ship. I might even choose a smaller ship which better pools.

Christmas/Anniversary Cruise 2018

mgilldrouin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD 11268
Need to replace the carpet with vinyl flooring as I am allergic to mold and I'm convinced that there is mold under the carpets due to the humid climates. I am allergic to mold and developed a serious sore throat and cough which was always worse at night when in bed in my cabin. I still have a cough now Left the ship on December 15th and today is December 21st. I DO NOT suffer from coughs, colds or sore throats.

Embarkation was absolutely crazy, it took us over 3 hours to board the ship!! I have had spine surgery and now have metal in my back and had to stand the whole time. This caused me serious pain!! Also, at times other members of the public were verbally abusive to other people cutting in the line-ups which was VERY scary at times! This was NOT a great start to any vacation.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins