3. Norwegian Sky
We chose Norwegian Sky because it was the most valuable. Free food and drinks for about $360 (plus a $20/day gratuity fee and a $156 deposit) for the 4 day/4 night cruise was great for us. The inclusive food was pretty good, and diverse, as they had many options from a salad bar w/ varying salads, beef brisket, italian food, indian food, lots of choices. The entertainment on board was enough to keep our attention, and I was impressed by how well everyone performed on a moving ship. I could tell the audience was impressed that we all could feel the boat moving (choppy seas that day), but the performers didn't miss a step! The music was good, but could have been much better. The music seemed to cater to older crowds (lots of 70s and 80s themes), and the newer music mixes they did have didn't flow very well. The best DJing was at the all white party, and the Reggae music was always that 'slow mellow' reggae instead of dancehall like a lot of people expected. Still, the music was good enough. I do believe they should've had security do a better job of removing unwanted distractions. That one guy who kept running up to the dance floor out by the pool was SUCH an eyesore. I know he's just having fun but UGH, at least rally him up, give HIM a distraction. The last day on Stirrup Cay was incredible! That was the best day, and we had a dolphin excursion the day before ( I definitely say invest in the excursions, maybe one per day. Just buy your excursion to include a photo package, unless you want to pay $117 on site for excursion photos!). The free food and drinks from the ship were transferred to the island, so we got to swim, eat and drink as much as we wanted without having to go back to the ship. I definitely recommend snorkeling, though it costs $30 to rent the gear for the day, it was more worth the money than anything. and GET A WATERPROOF CAMERA! It will make the trip that much more worth it. Our cabin was enough space for 2, and we had an inside cabin. I got to see the balcony cabins from afar, but they're worth the upgrade if you can afford it.I'm sure those ocean views are incredible to wake up or go to bed to. ALSO: if you want the trip to be even more worth while, get to know some locals, because the ports the ship stops at are 100% catered to tourists (especially Freeport), so it's unlikely that you'll see any authentic Bahamian culture. The Nassau port seems to have more cultural life, but it's still full of people trying to sell you things, and nothing else. But, you have to consider that their economy is predominantly financed by tourism, so I get it. Either way, you'll want to spend the money, because the locals are SO good at selling their product, you'll actually think you've made friends lol! All in all, it was an amazing experience, and I'd definitely sail again in the near future.

An amazing trip!

KhadijahJ27’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IC 0122
This was a great room, and just what we expected. Room service was well above average as it was cleaned so often by staff. The towel animals were also super cute and we enjoyed seeing them. We hope our room attendant got our tip!
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Freeport
    Way too touristy. Even when we paid for a cab to go outside of that area, or somewhere more cultural, they just took us to another touristy area.
    We just settled with the idea that Freeport doesn't have much culture, so we gave in to having a good time at Senor Frogs.
    View All 1,343 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    This was the best part of the entire trip! The water was so clear and blue, so you could see everything out there! Also, snorkeling with fins provided enough buoyancy to stay afloat out in the deeper waters, so we were able to swim as much as we wanted without getting too tired. We had a blast!
    View All 86 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Dolphin Encounter
    This was a great excursion. The instructors were very knowledgeable, and they kept us entertained as well. The dolphin seemed to take cues very well, and also seems well fed, so I wasn't too worried about their well-being on-site. I would regret not paying for the photos, but I do not regret saving my $117. That price is way too expensive for photos. I'd do the excursion again if I could pay for an affordable photo package beforehand.
    View All 136 Dolphin Encounter Reviews