3. Island Princess
I had sailed the Panama Cruise before and this is the first time I was able to go to Panama City. Also wanted to see the new canal and the itinerary included other ports that have not visited in many years. Loved the destination port San Francisco. I am not a fan of the mega ships and love the size of the Island Princess. It is starting to show it’s age a little bit but would sail on it again. I booked the mini-suite and always enjoy the extra space on longer cruises. The Princess sleep system beds are wonderful and had the most restful night sleeping during the cruise. The entertainment was very good and really enjoyed their new production, “Silk”. Selected first seating for dining and did not like the change in time with dinner starting at 5:15. The meals were very good in the dining room and the waiters were more than willing to get additional items on the menu. Have sailed on the Island two other times and visited the Bayou Cafe. Was disappointed this time in the attempt to deliver Cajun food. I am sure it didn’t help that I visited New Orleans in June. The service is stellar and usually make great friends with the servers. I stuck with the ship sponsored tours and was glad of that. There was a parade and blocked the streets and a tour was thirty minutes late from sail time. The ship was held until they arrived. Princess has the embarkation / disembarkation down to a science. It is so smooth getting on and off in record time.

Great time in the canal

Island Princess Cruise Review by cruiser5516

cruiser5516’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D401
I have been spoiled with the mini-suite that has more space to stretch out on a longer cruise. Cabin steward kept it spotless and attended to our every needs.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins