3. Oasis of the Seas
My parents gifted us this cruise for Christmas, and we had a great time! We stayed in a 2 bedroom Grand Suite (sky class) room 10244. My husband and I shared the smaller room with our 7 month old son, my brother slept on the futon-type couch in the living room area, and my parents stayed in the larger bedroom. We were all comfortable, especially since we usually stay in inside cabins and are used to the tighter sleeping accomodations. I will focus on the baby aspect of this cruise, since I had trouble finding much information on cruising with a baby when I was preparing for this trip. Overall, I think it went very well, but we have a pretty chill baby. First off, we preordered baby food, diapers, wipes, and bottled water for formula. None of the items I ordered matched the pictures on the website, except for the water. The diapers pictured are Huggies Snug and Dry, which is what I have been using for overnight diapers since my son is still too small for the smallest size of true overnight diapers. However, what we got was Huggies Little Snugglers (36 count size 2). The baby food pictured was Geber Organic stage 2. We received regular Geber, stage 1 (which is half the size) - 2 squash, 3 sweet potatoes, 2 carrots, and 2 prunes. The wipes we received were not baby wipes, but Cotonelle wipes (like the kind adults can use too). We ordered the 12 pack case of 1 liter Evian bottles, and that was as pictured/advertised. All items were in our stateroom on arrival. The pack n play provided was clean and adequate, although they do not provide fitted sheets for it, so bring your own. It fit (snugly) between our bed and the wall. We used the pull down bunk beds to store our clothes (still in our packing cubes from the suit case). We brought a small swing for our son, since he still takes naps in the swing and it was a necessity. It fit, unassembled, in our large hard sided suitcase. It is the Fisher Price take along swing and seat. Take extra batteries and screwdriver to reassemble if you bring the swing. Instead of using burp cloths, we opted to ask for extra wash cloths and use those while on the boat. Worked great! We brought the OXO tot on the go travel drying rack for drying bottles and it fit perfectly at the end of the bathroom counter. Also a full size bottle of babyganics dish soap. For dirty diapers, since we didn't have our diaper genie, we used the diaper baggies that come on a roll, to cut down on smell between room cleanings. Since we were in a suite, we had access to a tub for bath time, which worked fine. For the stroller, we opted for a car seat/stroller caddy combo. We brought our Chicco KeyFit30 car seat, which we brought on the plane since we bought him a seat, and also used in the rental car to the ship. We used the Chicco Caddy stroller that the car seat snaps onto, and it worked great. The handles fold down, which is convenient on the elevators of the ship to make extra room. We did also bring our Lillebaby all seasons carrier to wear our baby during the drill on the first day, since you can't use the elevators. We used it during the dive show at the Aqua Theater as well when we had to stand the whole time, since we got there too late for a seat. Our son is still too small for the high chairs provided on the ship, so after trying it out for one dinner, we opted to bring the car seat/stoller combo into the dining room at dinner, fold the handles down, and pull it up to the table. It took up no more room than a chair. When it was time to feed him, we took turns holding him on our lap. We were never offered any pureed food for my son in the Main Dining Room or Coastal Kitchen, but did not ask either. I think if we really wanted/needed it, it could be done according to other reviews I read. One thing to note, if you are in a suite, you have access to the suite deck at the pool. However, there is no elevator that goes to that deck, so we couldn't easily bring our baby up there in the stroller. Other items that came in handy: stroller fan for days in port, baggies for putting ice in for keeping bottles cold, OXO travel spoon with carrying case, wipeable bibs, clorox wipes for cleaning surfaces/plane surfaces/toys, travel lysol to spray down pack n play/plush toys that fall on floor, noise machine, sound-only baby monitors, extra batteries for swing/fan/toys, medicine kit with OTC baby meds (tylenol, saline nose spray, gas drops, etc.) since these are not readily available anywhere. We also opted to keep the items that we knew we couldn't replace easily on the ship in a rolling suitcase that we kept with us when we boarded, instead of checking, so that there was no chance of it getting lost. We did not use the kids babysitting service, but did sign him up on the first day just in case. The suites area of the beach in Labadee had plenty of shady chairs, where we set up shop and our baby napped.

Multigenerational Family Cruise with 7 mo old baby