3. Ruby Princess
This was our first cruise so it took us a little while to “ navigate” the ship and what to expect. We had an inside cabin, it was more spacious than I expected. Our cabin steward, Mark was awesome and took care of our every need. On the second day he even brought a longer extension cord for my husband’s CPAP machine as the one that we brought was not long enough and we had to put the machine on a chair bedside the bed; we didn’t even ask, Mark just brought the longer cord. We chose anytime dining, I was a little disappointed in how difficult that it was to get a table for two even late and the attitude of the hostess in the Michelangelo Dining Room. Next cruise we will try traditional dining. The buffet was a huge disappointment. Maybe my expectations were too high or I watched too much tv but expected it to be larger with more variety but I found it small, cramped and sub par food. It seemed that leftovers from the previous evening in the dining room were served here we only went twice other than to get drinks or fruit. The MDR meals were delicious! We booked city tour excursions through Princess for 2 of 3 ports and enjoyed them both. I attended a couple of the craft sessions and to be honest, found them to be childlike and cheesy. Hit a couple of trivia sessions and had fun. While there were a few disappoints to us, there were far more highlights and we had a fabulous time and can’t wait to go again!

Excellent first time cruise