3. Emerald Princess
Chose this cruise due to great experience on the Ruby. Emerald needs a major suite overhaul, best thing about the cruise was staff, not food, not decor, not amenities, not entertainment, not services available! The food in dining room was excellent at first, then got poor as the cruise progressed. The room service was great with 2 of the delivery stewards, but one put zero effort into it and just dropped off our tray of lukewarm food. The suite experience did not meet my expectations. The only thing worth it was having a shower and tub. Of course the shower had some black stuff growing on grout and a maintenance man spent an hour and a half of unscheduled time sanitizing the jet tub. When I asked him if there was a problem with it that brought him to our cabin, he politely informed me his boss told him it must be sanitized every 3 months and today was the day. Eww. Every three months? Our couch seat cushions were extremely worn and did not really fit the sofa. Looked like a garage sale find. Our room steward worked his tail off and was always pleasant. By the end, if I had to hear the violin girls in the piazza one more time I would have torn my hair out. They are very good, they justt played a lot of the same stuff over and over and over. This is a rough review, but I spent A LOT of money for the suite experience. We quit ordering the canapés because they were always dry and tasteless. We tried the fancy tea once, he brought a bunch of dried out sandwiches and pastries and literally dropped it off. There was no service. Didn’t even set the table at all. Don’t get me wrong, we got to relax and enjoy our time together, but I could’ve spent the same time in a much better luxury hotel for less money.

Suite experience, not worth it.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Kayber