3. Volendam
We simply chose the Holland America volendam because the dates fit in with several of the party we were cruising with. We do enjoy Holland America and our only bad experience out of 7 sailings with them has been on the veendam in the spring 2018 so we were a bit anxious about this booking on the volendam. We were absolutely delighted with our experience on the volume down. She is well maintained. Her food is excellent. The crew was extremely friendly. when we had any issue the staff bent over backwards to help us work it out. If we submitted a common card with anything the least bit negative we got a phone call to our stateroom and if we were not in our stateroom to take the call we got a note on our door. They then followed up to make sure every little thing was perfect. of the seven sailings with Holland America in the last two years I have to say this was probably our best overall experience, even though we did enjoy all of our other sailings except on the veendam. What I'm coming to realize is that most ships seem to go through a low period, And then if the company is smart measures are taken to get its act together and correct their weaknesses and make the ship much more pleasing and accommodating to passengers. The volendam is the same class of ship as the veendam and westerdam. As beautiful as a koningsdam and the eurodam are we do enjoy the smaller ships and this class a ship that the volume down is in is somewhere between 1300 and 1450 passengers. A great experience and we would definitely cruise on her again. It was really hard to even find constructive criticism to give on our end of cruise survey.

Excellent Volendam Experience

Volendam Cruise Review by KCMermaid

KCMermaid’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin J 2559
Average size cabin. Good storage. Quiet.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cartagena (Colombia)
    Each time we have been here it's been extremely hot, did I say extremely! cabbies and private tour guides are extremely aggressive and then they don't speak really good English or not accommodating to people when you take private tours. We just hung out in the port as they have monkeys and parrots and aviaries to walk through. But this is a stop that I would just Rather not visit again.
    View All 707 Cartagena (Colombia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cartagena (Colombia) Cruise Port Review
  • Corinto
    the next time I'm here I'm a think about taking it to her out of the town as I've been here twice now. The town is very poor and I try and buy things from the vendors or take a pedicab tour. But next time I might look to get out of the city or just stay on the ship.all the tourists seem to have very long transport to and from which I dislike. But I would hate to see this ship pull out of the sport AS the community really looks to the ship 4 revenues from the things they make and I'm sure it really helps the economy in that little town.
    View All 56 Corinto Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Corinto Cruise Port Review
  • Huatulco
    here we took a tour of the five bays. It was very nice. Beautiful Short line and we stopped for a good 30 minutes to swim and incredibly clean and warm water in a private cove. The guide was extremely informational.
    View All 151 Huatulco Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Huatulco Cruise Port Review
  • Kayaking
    A group was small only about 8 people and the guide was extremely informative. This was a delightful kayak paddle that beginners would be very comfortable with.
  • Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)
    As we have visited this area several times we just booked the ships transport up to the town of Antigua. The Peace of this that I did not like was that the bus had a guide on it that was very condescending and as well as having very strong political opinions about his government which was a little uncomfortable. Also he had the bus stop at the Jade factory and insist that we go in and listen to the presentation. Even after I explained to him I had already heard the presentation three times and I was not interested he then told the group how disruptive I was which was a bit embarrassing. So just beware, I would take the transport again but I would not go into the Jade factory.
    View All 289 Puerto Quetzal (Antigua) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Puerto Quetzal (Antigua) Cruise Port Review
  • Yelapa Walking Tour
    This tour was combined with the snorkeling tour. You took a catamaran from Puerto Vallarta along the shore and stopped in a cove and snorkeled and had time at the beach and kayaks were also available. Then we went on to yelapa and had a tour of the town and up to the waterfall then went and had some time on the beach. It was a delightful tour, good value, and I would do it again should we port in Puerto Vallarta
    View All 12 Yelapa Walking Tour Reviews
  • Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)
    again this is a part we've been to multiple times so we took private transportation as we knew exactly where we wanted to go. We had a very good experience and turn to the ship very safely. I would not hesitate to pick up a private car and have a private tour in this area.
    View All 265 Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Cruise Port Reviews