• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Norwegian Getaway Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Grumpy service staff, depressed atmosphere

Review for Norwegian Getaway to the Southern Caribbean
Jane D
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

When I did my research, Norwegian Getaway seemed to meet our expectations: relaxed atmosphere, fun activities for kids. What a disappointment it turned out to be.

Most of its service staff wore a sad face. They seemed to be busy and self absorbed. All they cared was to have their job done according to their time table. We were once all chased out of our room because the housekeeping guy wanted to clean our room. For the most part of our trip, for some peculiar reasons, he seemed to be determined to show up and clean our room right after we came back from onshore excursions, while the room had been empty all morning.

As for kids activities, we were very excited about their "splash academy", which was supposed to provide lots of fun activities for kids. Turned out they only organized no more than 5 activities through out the entire 7 day trip. We purchased their wifi package and was only able to get connection on the first day. There was no connection for the rest of the trip. My daughter was so bored she finally picked up a book we packed for her and finished it. I will have to give Norwegian cruise line credit for this.

Balcony Stateroom