3. Explorer of the Seas
We decided to book this cruise at the last minute, we were lucky to get a cabin! We booked a balcony room and we were given a Junior suite which was a lovely surprise. We really loved the suite it was spacious and the walk in wardrobe was excellent, and we got priority boarding as well which was also a great treat. We had sunny weather for the entire trip, my favorite stops were Mystery island, Isle of pines and Port Vila. We got glass bottom canoes on mystery island and went snorkeling, it was a lovely day. We went on the Turtle bay tour in Isle of pines, we got to see some turtles and jump in the water with them! In Port Vila we went on the Zego wave riders, this was great fun! Noumea was ok, we visited the aquarium which was very interesting, but unfortunately Lemon beach was closed the day we visited so we couldn't go swimming there. Make sure to take water socks with you if you visit the islands, we saw many people with painful injuries to their feet from stepping on sharp coral etc. We ate at all the specialty restaurants on board, our favourites were Giovannis table and chops grill. The service was great at all the restaurants. The ship is looking a bit tired in some places, but it's to be expected with its age, from talking to guests who have been on the other newer bigger ships in the royal Caribbean fleet, it is far less crowded and still has plenty of entertainment for the whole family. There were many shows on the ship, I loved the ice skating show and the guest entertainers. But the shows put on by the ship entertainers were pretty underwhelming. They looked dated and were aimed at an older demographic than most of the passengers on the ship. I went to the spa to get my nails done on the second to last day at sea, I didn't really enjoy it as there was constant pressure to buy more and it made me feel very uncomfortable. All in all we had a great holiday! Would definitely reccomend this cruise!

Wonderful trip!

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Leleb

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

All in all we had a great holiday! Would definitely reccomend this cruise!
Leleb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J4 1630
Great cabin! We loved the space!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins