Marella Explorer Cruise Review

Wonderful Time

Marella Explorer Cruise Review by Aldershot Dave

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

We chose this cruise for my wife's 50th Birthday. Looking at some of the reviews beforehand we were a bit worried, but these fears were allayed by our own personal experience and we couldn't find any faults whatsoever. I would not dream of making derogatory comments on fellow passengers as everyone is entitled to spend their holiday as they see fit. I can certainly say that I saw no behaviour from anybody which affected my enjoyment of this cruise.

So when looking at reviews I would recommend focusing on the average person's expectations, not specific gripes. I can quite honestly say that the food was fantastic everywhere, from the Market Place to Vista, Latitude 53 and even the burgers in the Snack Shack. Of course there were occasional minor issues with service, but immediately rectified with humble and sincere apologies each time.

The staff all over the ship were excellent, very polite, helpful and friendly. The singers and dancers on the shows were amazing, especially the girls, no screeching to this musical ear! Both comedians were great, borne out by the fact that 99% of the audience were laughing. Special mention to Ellie, who sang to my wife on her 50th. Go and see Ellie and Ross, singer and guitarist - they are brilliant and have big futures ahead of them.

We went on half a dozen excursions, all great. The Bequia cruise was a laugh with the rum flowing and Bohemian Rhapsody sung throughout (the boat was named Scaramouche). The Carbet Falls in Guadeloupe were amazing. My favourite Island was Martinique although it does have a traffic problem.

We ate at the Surf & Turf on my wife's 50th - again a wonderful experience.

The Explorer as a whole is a very comfortable ship. Couldn't see any signs of ageing, although we have nothing to compare it to, being our first cruise.

So the message is if you are Mr, Miss or Mrs Average then you will enjoy this ship immensely and what it has to offer. We are already looking at our next cruise in May 2020 for my 60th and this will almost certainly be with Marella.

Aldershot Dave's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside with window 4121

You are on a ship! Of course there will be noise, but if I as a light sleeper can have 14 good night's sleep, then most people can. The cabin itself was very comfortable with a great power shower.

Aldershot Dave