3. Carnival Victory
We knew about the refurb because we have been on the sunshine. Best embarkation in 75 cruises. We were on the ship within 10 minutes of entering the building--amazing. The LITTLE things made a great big difference. When you get up at night soft lights along the floor show the way to the bathroom without waking up others . The cruise cards are already punched to attach to a lanyard. The chocolate melting cake is served with ice cream without asking (dont miss this). The hooavous rancheros at the blue iguana are another do not miss.The Caesar salad dressing was the best I have ever had on land or sea.They told me they make their own. The wait staff was superb ( I offered to adopt Wendy from Bali). She was a ray of sunshine even after a long work day. The singers and dancers were very good and there was a live band which is becoming rare as you know. the room looked like brand new and I guess they were as it was just refurbished. I drink decaf coffee and it is usually poor but not on this ship. It was rich and full flavored and always tasted fresh even in the buffet. I didnt try the slide although it sure looked like fun. Plenty of space to get away from children if that is your desire. The staff must have been good at entertaining the littles because they were not a problem although there were many aboard. The last day was a problem because one passenger chose not to wait until we arrived in Miami to disembark and we spent 8 hours sailing back to the middle keys looking for him. Sad beyond words. Nobody complained but it was a somber mood the rest of the day. We had to eat the next cruise passengers welcome aboard lunch as they waited 10 hours to board in Miami. I wish there were a way to prevent this kind of thing and I am sure the cruise lines wish there was also. If you are looking for a great short getaway this was is top notch. We will do it again I am sure.

The little things add up.

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Greyt Dog.

Greyt Dog.’s Full Rating Summary