3. Norwegian Bliss
Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth. We were on the ship by 11:30, our room was ready by 1:00 and the luggage arrived shortly thereafter. Getting off and on at ports was easy - no standing around waiting in line as I've experienced in the past. Arrival back in Miami and getting off the ship were also smooth and easy. We didn't feel rushed. We had plenty of time to eat breakfast before we headed ashore. Our cabin was clean and comfortable. There was more than enough room for my husband and I. The balcony was small, but adequate. My only complaint was the couple in the cabin next door who seemed to know only one volume when speaking: loud. I was impressed with the quality of the food, especially in the buffet. I'm not big on buffets, but my grandkids loved it! I went with them for breakfast a few days and was pleasantly surprised. And the pizza was good too. All of the food I had in the specialty restaurants was delicious. We ate at Ocean Blue, Cagney's, Teppenyaki and Los Lobos. All were excellent. The food in the main dining rooms was also good, but the service tended to be a little slow. No surprise when you consider the amount of people eating at the same time. The food in the Local (free) was also very good. The lounges were beautiful and there were more than enough. The only complaint I have is that the service during peak times was slow. Norwegian needs to either book less passangers or hire more staff. Considering the amount of people they deal with everyday, I think they did a pretty good job overall. The shows that I saw were excellent! A real highlight for me. Jersey Boys, Havana and the Beatles were well done and definately worth seeing. The other entertainers onboard were excellent as well. No complaints here. As I mentioned earlier getting off and back on the ship in port was a breeze. We got off the ship at each stop, but only did one excursion on Tortola. The ziplining was worth every penny. The instructor even went with my 10 year old granddaughter when she saw she was afraid. She saved the trip for us. We may have been able to book a less expensive excursion with an outside agency, but the peace of mind that booking through the cruise line offers is worth the added expense in my opinion. My only complaint was the reservation policy for the race track and lasar tag. While I understand that may cut down on long lines, it is also very difficult to plan your day, whether at sea or in port, around a reservation for go karts or lasar tag. The point of the cruise is to relax and NOT have to plan the day. Available times never seemed to coincide with when we were free. Guest services messed up our lasar tag reservation by scheduling it on the wrong day, and we were never able to find another time that worked. We were all disappointed. My grandson was never able to schedule a time on the go karts by himself after doing a double with my husband. He, too, was disappointed. I think there needs to be a bit more flexibility here. The pool area was very nice and well kept, but extremeley crowded. It is no wonder it seemed to take forever to get a drink from the bar and that roving servers were few and far between. Chair hogging is always and issue; one I don't have an answer for. The adult only areas were nice and I especially enjoyed the amonut of hot tubs available around the ship. I had a massage at the spa and it was wonderful. The staff was very accomodating. I hate the up-sell at the end, but I have come to expect it. The kids enjoyed the Kids Club activities, especially the preformance they put on for us. The older kids also enjoyed the arcade and bowling. They loved the pools and water slides. I just wish it hadn't been so very crowded. I would cruise on the Bliss again, but I hope that by the next time they will have all the kinks a new ship entails worked out. The biggest issue for me was the slight sense of feeling crowded, and the problem with the race track and lasar tag, none of which was enough to keep me away in the future. If you can't have a good time on a cruise, despite minor irritations, there is something wrong with you.

Great ship, great time.

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 11218
No complaints here. The cabin was large enough for my husband and myself. It was kept clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins