3. Celebrity Constellation
The holiday was part of my wife's 80th birthday celebration. Having been several cruises with other companies we wanted to try out the Celebrity Cruise line. Also we had never before been through the Suez Canal. We spent a few days in Rome (a city we are familiar with) before the cruise and then a few days in Dubai (a new experience) at the end. Seen it now - wouldn't go back! The ship was very good (maybe a little bit tired) but the cabin was excellent and the organisation and staff first class. We old folks took part in lots of on-board activities and particularly enjoyed the entertainment - especially the very informative lectures. The upstairs buffet was very good but unfortunately the main dinning room not so. Many people complained about the slow service and on occasions the piped music made conversation impossible. I've never had such a bad crepe suzette. Would we go again with Celebrity ? Well, maybe. While we can perhaps afford it, I'm never comfortable feeling I'm being "ripped off". The excursions were well over priced; $300 up front for gratuities plus 18% on all drinks (come on !!) and $530 for Wi Fi - even the ship's comedian thought it was a joke. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, we had a great holiday - thoroughly enjoyed it. However, our two immediately previous cruises on TUI Discovery and the Allure of the Seas were equally good, if not better value for money. Celebrity Cruises are good - but not as good as they think they are.

Suez Canal and Arabian Gulf

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Cameron5

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1
The holiday was part of my wife's 80th birthday celebration.

Celebrity Cruises are good - but not as good as they think they are.
Cameron5’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 8154
Could find no fault with the cabin and the storage space was well beyond adequate.

Our cabin steward was a gem of a guy from Serbia.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins