• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

angel1956
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

This was my 4th NCL cruise and possibly my last! Last year we went on the Getaway and it was great so we thought the Breakaway would be great too, but boy was I wrong! Embarkation was a nightmare, lines for days, took close to 3 hours to get on board! Our stateroom was ready once we boarded and it was very clean, spacious and bed comfortable. The balcony was a bit small but adequate for sitting and viewing.

Went up to 16th deck for cocktail where it was crowded, as I expected. I ordered a Pina Colada, couldn't taste any alcohol, I asked for a straw and was informed NCL had gone "green" and therefore no straws on board, how do they expect you to drink a frozen drink without a straw? Needless to say that was the end of me ordering drinks.

The Garden Cafe Buffet during the entire cruise was disgusting, lacked flavor, and variety and was crowded due to the fact that they only had one side opened and crammed everyone to the one side. The hot food was barely warm. The food items were labeled as one item but further down the buffet it was labeled as something else yet it was the same tasteless item. The beverage machine toward the back of the ship were never working as well as the ice machines. The breakfast was the best food they served. I mostly ate spinach salad, coleslaw and sauerkraut. Meats were overcooked, dry, tasteless and the beef was chewy rubber.

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Cabin BB

Cabin was clean and spacious and cabin steward was great.

previous reviewnext review