3. Celebrity Edge
Wow! What a ship! We booked the Edge the very first day her sailings became avbl and followed the progress of the build for the last 18 or so months. We had seen so many pics and wondered if we would be disappointed as often happens when something is hyped so much. But from the moment we walked aboard, we were wow’d! We live in Sarasota, Florida so it was a quick drive to Port Everglades. Dropped bags curbside and then parked at the garage across from Terminal 25. The new terminal is huge and very nice. Check in was a breeze with the facial recognition scanners. Having seen all the pics and renderings of the interior before boarding, we knew it would be pretty but then to actually walk around the spaces and notice the little things, art , the actual materials used, different textures, the use of tons of live plants everywhere. It was unlike any cruise ship out there by far. Truly pics dont do it justice...its even more stunning inside. It kinda has this trendy, chic modern upscale boutique hotel vibe but cozy at the same time with lots of seating every where, I have to admit , we were pretty turned around the first 2 days of the ship. But then we got our orientation and it was a breeze to move around and remember where things were. CABIN: We had an S2 Sky Suite, 9189, which is slightly forward of mid ship on port side. Cabin was beautiful. I liked the soothing grey and blue tones. Bathroom was large, big shower/tub combo, plenty of storage in bathroom and room. Our favorite part was being able to use the Celebrity App to lay in bed on my phone and control, the curtains, lights, temperature and tv controls! Awesome! We liked the look of the rocking chair and its very comfortable but it is a bit awkward in space..kinda large and seemed to always be in the way of the slider to veranda and drawers where my clothes were. I think a small coffee table would be better because theres nowhere to put room service trays but on the small desk in front of mirror. That. Little desk is cool too though, it slides back into the chest of drawers if you want a full length mirror! A/C worked great! We like it cold!! RESTAURANTS: So much to say here. Food was the best of any cruise I have ever been on, which is about 14 so far. I could write so much so I think I will just briefly summarize. We were suite guests so our default dining is Luminae on deck 12. We did the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) only twice for brief lunch....so cant comment a lot on it since limited experience. But its set up nice and tons of seating. With a pizza and pasta station open most of the day . LUMINAE: Twice the size of Luminae on other ships. It is gorgeous. We did breakfast several mornings there, lunch once and 2 dinners. Everything was very good. Service only slow the first day. They were still working out some kinks which I expected on a maiden voyage. Wasnt an issue later in cruise . No reservations needed here, just come when you are ready. SPECIALTY DINING: EDEN: absolutely cool space. Very interesting concept. Too hard to explain, something youjust have to experience. The food is probably the most artistic on the ship. Felt like I was at a MIchelin star restaurant. 5 courses served and 2 options for each course. FINE CUT STEAKHOUSE: Probably the best restaurant on the ship. Fantastic. I think we could have eaten there every night. Steaks incredibly tender...barely needed a knife. ROOFTOP GRILL: gorgeous location on top deck . Open air. Think comfort food elevated. It was end of cruise when we went here so comfort food was just what we were craving. The chili, the dry rub chicken wings and the cookie dessert were out of this world. There was a movie on the big screen there and it was fun to watch while eating. LE PETIT CHEF: did this for my mom’s birthday. I was skeptical before going. Thought it might be cheesy. But it is SO COOL! We loved it so much! Really amazing animation. It truly is entertaining and the food was excellent! My mom said it was an incredibly memorable birthday! Mission accomplished. LE GRAND BISTRO: We did breakfast here once. Incredible food, think French bistro style with yummy French pastries. CAFE IL BACIO: Cafe likeon other ships but bigger with better seating. Not as crowded like other ships. Good coffee drinks and pastries. Very popular place all day long. SUITE PERK....THE RETREAT DECK AND LOUNGE. Top deck all the way forward. The Retreat is a fantastic intimate place for suite guests. Its quite with great double loungers, beautiful pool , a little bar there for drinks and can order some food . Excellent service. ENTERTAINMENT: We did all the shows except for one, and that was because our dinne ran over and missed the 915 showing Most performances are high energy, great music and the performers not only sing and dance, Many do acrobatic feats on ropes, and swings etc. The theatre is rounded and not a bad seat in teh house. No awkward poles right in the middle . They have good technology, lights ,speakers...all the bells and whistles. The daily activities list was extensive but we arent one to do much on sea days. No bingo, and trivia and art shows for us...we just do the gym and pool and watch movies. GYM AND SPA: this is a huge space for both. The spa is just stunning. Nothingcompares to it on any ship we have been on. There are hammams, saunas , rain showers, heated beds , cool sculpt, teeth whitening and the list goes on. Gym is huge! Lots of equipment, it was never crowded... SHORE EXCURSIONS: we did.3 excursions with the ship...all were excellent. They didnt put too many people on a bus...nice intimate size. Guides were great. But the absolute coolest things are the tenders!! They are huge and like trains! Actual proper seats, like a first class seat. Even tv monitors. You board and disembark the tender on and off the Magic Carpet which is brought to sea level. Makes it a much easier and pleasant experience. OVERALL: its a fantastic ship. We absolutely loved it. We had heard some oddly negative reviews from the 2 and 3 cruise right before ours that were like preview cruises but I honestly dont know what they were talking about. Some of things mentioned didnt even seem possible after being on the ship. Like someone said elevators were terribly slow and small? Well, only on first day during embarkation were they slow but that’s normal on any ship. Elevators were large. 6 in the aft and 6 towards front of ship. DISEMBARKATION: It was just as easy as embarkation. We chose to take our own luggage off and not put it out the night before. We flew off about 8. Customs and immigration was again just the facial recognition scanner. No need for a passport. Was super quick!

Exceeded Expectations! Lives Up to the Hype!

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by Tarwood3

CABIN:

RESTAURANTS:

LUMINAE:

SPECIALTY DINING:

FINE CUT STEAKHOUSE:

SUITE PERK....THE RETREAT DECK AND LOUNGE.

ENTERTAINMENT:

DISEMBARKATION:

Tarwood3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S2 9189
Loved the cabin! Beautiful tones of gray and blue. Large bathroom, double sinks, huge shower/tub combo. Lots of storage , both drawers and shelves. Loved being able to control the lights, temp, curtains and tv right from your phone on the Celebrity app. We had a traditional veranda, Good sized. It did have a pole sort of in the middle of the railing, but it didnt take away from visibility. It was hardly noticeable. Not sure if they should keep the rocking chair. Its pretty and its comfortable. But its kind of big and seems to get in teh way of the sliding door and getting in drawers. A small coffee table would be better as there’s no where for room service tray.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins