3. Norwegian Epic
Epic Starting with boarding-disaster/no Wheelchairs-blind people with canes all left to fend for themselves at bottom of stairs and escalator-no one organizing lines -one line became 2 th en 3 then a mob-countless people getting pushed and shoved-Utter chaos-no wheelchairs were available until after check in-took 1 hour after signing up to get it-two people came in and tried to get help for 94 year old and an 84 year old-no help at all -they had to walk-in to sign up to get a chair-10 in our group -all complained worse boarding ever? Talked to others during trip one couple with 27 cruises another with 30-we are close to 20 if u count river cruises——Platinum or plus doesn’t help outside! Toaster and coffee pot both broken on Sat Am on pool deck-toaster still broken 3 Food and service for 10 in Manhattan was very poor-many items cold or Luke warm-took forever between courses Dinner and service at Taste much better but still not hot Invited to Platinum party -went in -helped myself to wine -but no seats-we left Irish bar still the best concept yet- but service is very sketchy on the side with the pool tables-u have to flag people down and the 20 min before u get a drink—then the menu is different on the other side-both sides should be identical-I do not know whose brilliant idea that concept was -but forget it-open the whole thing up-with all the people on this ship the Irish Bar should be open on both sides-this waiting 25 min is crazy also could use one more facility of that size-maybe Italian or Greek or mixture of both/“Mediterranean Delight” Premium liquor package-somehow managed to drop Makers Mark off the list-Grey goose still on-totally arbitrary-like trying to squeeze two Buffalo nickels together to get a dime-come on -Premium is premium-stop the nickel /dime stuff-it demeans you! Pool way to small-both of them! Elevators-only 2 sets should be 3-a long wait always Service in the food areas very chaotic and inconsistent-Taste good -Manhattan terrible-Why? Now Disembarkation-rented a wheelchair from u for last 3 days-was told I could have an Escort to push the chair from my room to beyond passport -then the daily news says u can’t-so I call the desk and they say I can’t-so I told them to go across to Hotel Services and check it out-he comes back all surprised that I do have someone coming to get me-so I get a call before 7 am saying he is on the way and should he bring a wheelchair-we say no because I have one I rented from u-boy was that a mistake/ we get to gangway checkout and are told we cannot go any further with that wheelchair we have to get another one to go down the ramp-so we hold up the whole line for 15 min-then the guard checks our ship cards-mine is not working and he thinks I should go back and get a new one-my wife said no way-use hers-so finally we leave-getting over to the landslide and have to wait for a land-side pusher to take us through customs-which he did After a 20 minute wait-So we had a disastrous time on both loading and unloading. Also many times the people in our group of 10 were told one thing by one person and the opposite by another-not once or twice but many times-almost to please us with an answer-right or wrong! Most of Bar waiters and bartenders were top notch but especially if they were tipped -now this next thing I don’t know who to blame-Ordered a Southern Comfort Manhattan with sweet vermouth and a dash of bitters on the rocks-a standard for over a century-I got SC on the rocks-SC with red coloring-a glass of SC and a glass of Vermouth (mix my own I think)-the variety was amazing including a few drinks Straight Up instead of on the rocks!-

DISASTER ON LAND AND SEA

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by JPL-Epic

Epic

Dinner and service at Taste much better but still not hot

Invited to Platinum party -went in -helped myself to wine -but no seats-we left

Pool way to small-both of them!

Elevators-only 2 sets should be 3-a long wait always

JPL-Epic’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B3 14095
Way too small- poor setup- very little room to move around- over 25 cruises- I have had inside rooms that were bigger in floor area
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins