Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ammiller1010

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Went on this cruise with my fiancé and his parents and my mom. Wanted to be on the largest class as it was my in-laws-to-be first cruise and I wanted to show off as much as possible. We stayed in Miami (Coconut Grove) for 2 nights before departure to explore Little Havana, Vizcaya and Miami beach.

RCCL’s Terminal A in Port of Miami was amazing. The most seamless embarkation and disembarkation I’ve ever experienced. Top marks for that.

We overall enjoyed our time.

Sea days were spoiled a bit by wind and clouds on both days. Ports of call were all excellent days. Service onboard we loved was primarily the dining staff (My Time and Sabor). The bar service wasn’t great. They seem unenthusiastic and like they don’t want your patronage. Stateroom attendants were OK but also seemed to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders despite us being nice and friendly to them.

My biggest revelation this cruise was that private tour operators for shore excursions are viable options and the one we did in Roatan was far superior to the other tours we have done through RCCL. There are just too many lines and too much waiting involved with RCCL tours. No reason we need to arrive in a staging area for a tour 45 min early.

Entertainment on board was great - Mamma Mia was excellent. Comedy show and aqua show also very very good.

As I said - overall good experience and would definitely go on this ship again.

ammiller1010's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D 10684

Stateroom was good. A little more Aft than I prefer. Was kept clean but is showing signs of age and could do with an upgrade (carpet, sofa, bathroom, cabinets, balcony). Fairly small balcony stateroom compared to other cruise lines in a similar category.

Miami

Explored Vizcaya, Little Havana and Miami Beach! On our own, used Uber to get from place to place. Such a great city with tons of culture and good people watching.

Sea part (on catamaran for 45 min) was awesome! Land part (travel by bus around island and to Atlantis was OK - could’ve done without, particularly the Atlantis stop - it’s not that impressive)

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Tulum

Overall good excursion - just tons of travel to/from and the guided tour in Tulum was too much - didn’t need that much guiding and it cut down on being able to explore on our own. Beach break after was excellent, just not long enough in part because other guests don’t follow directions well and get back to buses in time for next leg of trip. Lunch buffet was delicious and beach was nice.

BEST DAY OF TRIP - 3 stop snorkeling adventure with unlimited rum, beer, a beach break and a lobster/steak lunch on the beach.

View All undefined undefined Reviews