Norwegian Epic Cruise Review

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by PCPearson

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

We have been on multiple cruise lines and wanted to try Norwegian. The room was a balcony stateroom that was small for my 6' 7" frame. The bed was too short for me to lay on. The staff had to pull the top mattress out and stuff pillows and covers in the space for my head to rest on. This made crossing the cabin difficult. The separate toilet and shower were difficult to use and I injured myself using the shower. The food quality was not as good as other cruise lines. The food choices in the buffet was limited. The wait staff in the dinning rooms were inattentive but completed their tasks. The loud speaker announcements were difficult to understand because the speaker spoke the words quickly. We had to wait longer than expected before embarkation even started. We tried to carry our luggage off the ship to save time and were held up by the disembarkation logistics.

PCPearson's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 11230

Great Stirrup Cay

Unable to go ashore due to tenders unable to operate.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Walked around town but most stores were closed because it was Sunday.

PCPearson