3. Norwegian Bliss
I have to admit I was very nervous before we travelled as the reviews were very mixed, actually more leaning towards negative. Being in the Haven made the experience smooth sailing from beginning to end. If you are booking the haven one tip is the balconies on the 17th floor are quite a bit larger than the ones on the 18th. A word of warning, I’m not sure who the designer was, the windows in the bathroom are really not private. In the evening when the lights are on inside you are visible from the outside and on the 17th floor the balcony extends past this window. I will add that the space getting around the bed on the wall side is a little tight. No more than 8 to 10 inches makes it a little snug getting into bed otherwise the room is lovely. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the staff on all floors were very friendly and accommodating after all the negative comments. My 8 yr old granddaughter who is not usually a fan of splash academy said that all the counsellors were so nice on this ship compared to others. Entourage provided my teenage grandson some fun group activities as well in the evening. We dined at La Cucina, Cagney’s, La Bistro and Teppanyaki with La Cucina being our least favourite. -Teppanyaki is always excellent but be prepared for a very noisy experience as this place is huge. Haven restaurant was top notch. The casino had it’s friendly moments and not so friendly ones ugh. For smokers there is a private smoking area with both table games and plenty of slots. Entertainment around the ship was pretty good. The local on the 7th floor was always hopping as the band below on 6th was really good and drew a healthy crowd. We went to see Jersey Boys with our 14-year-old grandson. I figured he wouldn’t even know any of the songs but he really enjoyed it and so did we. Fantastic production The week we sailed must not be a very popular one because it really wasn’t very crowded on the ship (Dec 8 - 15) But I can see how the elevators could be a real issue. As for the ports, in Saint Thomas we went straight to Emerald Beach as we have been there before and it’s beautiful. TAXI’s are $6 per person to get there. We did Virgin Gorda snorkeling in Tortola. Beautiful sail out there and lots of swimming/snorkeling while there. The boat guide takes you through the rocks, which might not be for everybody, as there is a lot of tight spaces, awkward stairways and low areas. In Nassau we splurged and did Dolphin interaction at Atlantis. i’m not sure it was worth $200 US per person but we have never done it before and it was an experience. It is a bit rushed so you don’t really get to enjoy everything that the Aquaventure has to offer and with four ships in port at the same time it was a real treat (not) at the pier. The Bliss itself is still a new shiny ship and quite lovely. Nice to see the muted tones instead of the garrish purple and orange on some of the older ones. The observation lounge on the 15th floor is massive and a must-see.

On a Mega ship Haven is the way to go

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 17708
Well stocked and beautiful. Maria and Jayson were excellent and attentive to our every need. Balcony was very large. Not too keen on see-thru windows in bathroom but mostly you are at sea so wasn’t an issue then. Tight space beside bed next to wall. Nice second bedroom and bathroom. Plenty of storage however tight spaces to access drawers
Deck 18 Suite Cabins