3. Carnival Breeze
Had a wonderful time on the Breeze! The ship is very well designed and only 1 floor had an obstruction where we couldn't go forward to aft completely. The décor is reminiscent of a summer beach with a golden sun shining down and was very relaxing. The bed mattresses were very comfy. The lido deck furniture was very nice and comfy. There were plenty of seats for everyone, except on the serenity deck which was very popular of course. The Thrill Theater is not to be missed, even though is an additional cost and was very fun. The sky course was great although for some reason the easy side was blocked off on a few sections, forcing myself on the more difficult side (300lbs weight limit for the harnesses if you are wondering) My Mom and I arrived a day early from the sailing to enjoy the Kennedy Space Center in Port Canaveral. I highly recommend going if you haven't before. We were the first to arrive and stayed all day till they closed. All the exhibits were wonderful and well worth the trip. There are lots of shuttles to the port terminals if you need a ride and even Uber operates in the area if for some reason you have trouble with a shuttle. Embarkation was a bit hectic even with the appointment times. The staff didn't bother to actually look at our ticket and ushered us into the early/late line which wasn't moving instead of the on time line. Once we got the attention of a staff member and asked about which line we should be in and got into the correct line, everything went smoothly. I love that all the sail and sign cards came already punched for lanyards, which everyone seems to have accepted now, although I would suggest bringing your own lanyard to save some money. Disembarkation was fine, although was made worse by people who clearly weren't following instructions and leaving before their deck/zone was called causing a severe back log in the lobby/terminal. We were in cabin 10207 on Deck 10 which was a great spot for us. The views from the balcony were great and unobstructed in any way. really enjoyed being close enough to the Lido deck that we didn't have to travel far to get to the fun. There were no distrubances on the decks above of below and being far away from the elevator, it was really peaceful. However being so close to the bow of the ship, you can feel the ship's movement quite a bit, so if you are prone to seasickness I wouldn't recommend it. We were dining in the Blush restaurant on the upper level for the late dining and the service was fantastic! Gary was our headwaiter and he was hilarious, even doing crazy dances when the staff performed. Joseph also attended to our table and he was wonderful and very attentive. Zero complaints about the service, but the food was not anything special. I tried different dishes every night and they were not particularly flavorful and sometimes the descriptions on the menu were misleading. I recommend ordering more side/appetizers in case you don't enjoy the main dish. We also dined in the Cucina Del Capitano and Farenheit 555 restaurants. Cucina wasn't anything special, but the bread was really good. Farenheit's service was impecable and food really fancy, although the cowboy steak which was the largest on the menu, was fatty and bone in. The entertainment onboard was as expected, not too fancy but fun if you cut them slack considering what they have to work with. I really liked the Motown show and was looking forward to the Flick: The motion picture show, but unfortunately they only did a stripped down version of the Flick show because they almost cancelled it due to the rough seas. The stars James, Naomi, and Seth were troopers and performed the songs anyway for us, but just sang the songs and sat on barstools on stage as it was too dangerous to use their props. The fun squad did all the usual activities and kept the mood upbeat. The CD Chris "Donkey" Salazar was quite funny and charismatic. Only complaint was that for the Clue Mystery game they didn't hand out the Clue cards at the event and I had to ask around to try to track one down, but ended up not getting one and eventually gave up. Also Jess, the lady who ran the bingo sessions, has the same jokes for each bingo session. Like word for word the same jokes in the same order too. Room service was wonderful. Our steward Harri was very attentive and helped up when we lost a bathing suit in the laundry (our fault not theirs). He throughly cleaned our stateroom each day and didn't miss a beat. Ports of Call: Cozumel: Snuba Wish I chose a different one in the end. We ended up getting sick cause we couldn't equalize our ears due to sinus issues and my Mom ended up throwing up due to the depths we were going to and the pressure in her ears. I DO NOT RECOMMEND if you have any issues with sinuses, clearing your ears, etc as this can be quite painful. I wish I knew this before we booked it cause we would have gone with a different one. Excursion was not far from the pier and it is just a very small stretch of craggy beach, so no real place to kick back and relax afterwards. Considering it was a Cozumel Plus cruise, I wish I had gone with an excursion that lasted longer to make the most use of our time there. Belize: Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with Lunch Great excursion to the ruins, although it did last literally the whole day. You are the first people on the tender to the pier and the last people to arrive. Don't plan on getting shopping done in Belize with this excursion. There is a small pulley operated ferry to get across a river to get to the ruins and in bad weather it can be closed and if that happens they either give you refund or take you to a different Mayan ruins. Expect a 2hr bus ride on an air conditioned bus with a bathroom each way. Climbing the Mayan Ruins was optional so if you aren't up to the leg workout to get to the top you can observe from the bottom. Great excursion to do once if you have never been to Belize before as it gives a great view of the countryside and cultural lessons. Mahogany Beach (Roatan, Honduras): Maya Key private beach with lunch This was my favorite port of call as the terminal has a craft market area for local artisans to sell their wares. I enjoyed getting to support the local artists in a direct way rather than shopping at the more mainstreams stores that appear at every port. We took a 15 minute boat tender to the island and were given the intro by the island guide. We could wander over the whole island and enjoy their animal zoo, beaches, pool, snorkeling, and animal encounters and feedings. They have a large, clean bathrooms and lockers to rent. The island was only at like 25% capacity so we had our choice of beach chairs and could stretch out, which was a nice contrast to cruise ship life. The beach itself wasn't too sandy though so make sure you bring water shoes. We signed up for a snorkeling session and went out with the group led by a guide. The corals were quite nice but very close so we had to be careful and my Mom ended up stung by coral when the current got stronger and knocked her into the coral. Only big complaint here was that the instructors were moving quite fast and didn't tell the group to inflate their snorkeling vests so a kid was out there struggling till the group realized he didn't have it inflated. They were moving so fast to get our group out there that they didn't give full instructions so we just relied on our previous excursions instructions to guide us. The lunch here was quite excellent as well and the animals were adorable. Wish we had even more time here so we could just relax all day on the beach. Costa Maya: Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Bad weather put a damper on this port of call for us. Ship docked really early and we had to be one of the first off to get to this excursion. They take a travel bus to the pier where you board a catamaran. They have marine toilets on board, but no real changing area so make sure you are already wearing a bathing suit or prepare to change in a cramped, swaying bathroom. They were taking us to their first snorkeling location, but a rain storm was coming in so they took us 30 minutes in the opposite direction to avoid the storm, but we still got rained on and the tarp covering the boat was not water proof so everyone and everything got wet. The location they took us to was deep, but the water was clear. They tried breaking us up into two groups based on experience, but we ended up blending together anyway. BE WARNED, there are jellyfish in the water. Not the big ones, but they did sting and it was hard to see them in advance to avoid them. The guides were great and did their best, but the water conditions were pretty cruddy and the swells were getting bigger and bigger. Thank goodness we were wearing full life vests and not just snorkeling vests. Overall, it was a wonderful cruise and I would definitely travel on the Breeze again.

Wonderful ship and cruise!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by blaubeca