3. Carnival Magic
We cruised from Miami on Dec. 2. We had an aft balcony. The airport check-in and transfer to the port was great. We got easily on the ship and straight to the room. It was downhill from there. My wife has asthma so tobacco smoke is a deal breaker. First time on the balcony someone is smoking. According to the carnival website that is a $500 fine. We reported the people smoking. I paid the extra for a balcony that is a non smoking area I should be able to enjoy it. Guest services said that is important. Next day smoking on the balcony. Went to guest services to complain no results. Stayed away from balcony because of smoke. Thought we would try the balcony on the last day of the cruise, guy on other balcony has a cigar. Complained to guest services they basically say we have to see them. If like smoke free get an inside or Oceanview stateroom. Don't waste your money. The steakhouse was excellent far exceeded the standard dining rooms. Staff was very nice and friendly. Buffet lines were insane. Always a wait. They need to put the salad bar on the other side to keep a better flow of traffic. The Guy's bbq was great but only open for 2 1/2 hours only on sea days. There was a line nearly the length of the ship on the last sea day. Guy's burgers always had a line when open. The dive in theater was always a search for a good seat. The shows were average the theater was never full. The bands drew bigger crowds. Ports were fun. Debarkation was a joke, announcements were few and very delayed. People with early flights didn't make it to the airport in time. Luckily we had a later flight. But for me this cruise rated at the bottom for all of my carnival cruise experiences. I already had another balcony booked with carnival before this cruise. But never again. I will take my balcony cruises with a different brand.

No smoking policy is a joke

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by piratemonkey

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
We cruised from Miami on Dec. 2.

piratemonkey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 9482
There was a sewage smell when we first got to the room. It was reoccurring at night. People smoked on balconies next to us. Not the best experience we have had.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins