3. Caribbean Princess
This was our first 14 day cruise and we loved it! This ship has become a sort of prototype for trying our new things I think. It's the first for Ocean Medallion (even though other ships are going thru installation - this one is the most further along). We were fortunate enough to have JP (from Corporate) onboard to talk about where they were with it and how it will be an ongoing adventure for years to come, adjusting and adding as technology allows. I think it will always be a work in progress. Our cabin opened fine for a couple of days when approaching it, then for the next week we had to just stand there and wait or touch the OM to the screen, then sometime the last couple of days it was back to working again. I tried to use the Find Shipmates option on the screen on Deck 6 in the middle and it didn't work so well. My picture showed up, then I pressed something and my cabin number showed up. Not something I wanted on display. It said to touch my picture to logout. Nothing would happen no matter what I did so I hurried down to Ocean Front in front of Club Fusion to find help and they weren't open, so I hurried back and the screen had cleared. We tried this later on a screen in a different location and and it worked perfectly. My DH tried this one day when I left him in the cabin to wander around and he saw that I was in the casino. Not sure I liked that :-). We missed going to the Elite lounge one night (loved the guys and gals in here - all were very good at making you feel comfortable, remembering your drink, making small talk), however the friends we were sitting with were wondering where we were and so the staff looked us up and were able to tell them we were in our cabin. Definitely, didn't like that. We didn't use the preorder function. All the waiters and stewards have a device on their hip for that purpose. There were corporate people coming onboard the next cruise with family and they were going to be going to different area of the ship and ordering things with the OM to test the staff as no one seems to be using this function. I actually don't think it's something we will ever use unless we're confined to the cabin (the room service line is always busy - hmmm maybe I can use this to change out my mini-bar???). :-) We do Anytime Dining. As I've said before I'm not a fan of the new Market Place Buffet. The only thing I do like about it is the way the seating areas are now broken up and it's much easier to find somewhere to sit. In my opinion... PCL has chosen to place this ship in the North America year around and while I understand we are a melting pot of nationalities, I don't think it's necessary to have 4 kinds of beans at breakfast as well as baked and stewed tomatoes, 2 kinds of rice, spam, polenta, etc. People are not eating it. The things I do like are the station where drinks are made. I did not use this feature at all, but I thought it was a good idea. In the morning they make smoothies and had all sorts of fruit and vegetable options for you to combine. There were also days when it was a bloody mary bar and at lunch and in the evenings sometimes it was a beer/wine bar. The hits of the buffet seem to be the omelette station where you put all your selections in a small juice cup and hand it to the chef and he will make an omelette, or scramble it, or use egg whites only or fry eggs to order. And for some reason this trip the bacon was hardly ever cooked well. At lunchtime, the hit was the Mongolian stir fry - you fill up a bowl with veggies, meats and or seafood and they have 3 sauces to choose from for the stir fry. Then you go sit down and a waiter will bring you your meal. It seems every other day they do this and the lines are very long. The opposite day they do a Ramen bar and there's never a line. Just about every day the wait staff and management walked around with comment cards. It seems they are trying to find out what we like and don't like. I personally think if you pay attention to what you are taking back into the kitchen everyday uneaten you would know that. They are making changes based on comments. I was on this ship in September and could see the changes. They did have a full filet tenderloin twice in the buffet for dinner and it was excellent. And there is hardly anyone in Planks or Steamers and they can't seem to figure out why. It because of the food people! If you want to have a BBQ restaurant then maybe you should go to TX, or SC or NC and find out how we cook it because it's not what you are serving up. As for Steamers, I'm not paying $12 for a meal with stuff I don't want just to get to pay another $10 for crab legs, which I do want. I'll be happy to pay $12 for a crab leg dinner - just don't want the other stuff. On the other hand, we did the Pub lunch for the first time ever and it was awesome. We actually did it twice. I had no idea they changed up the menu, but they always have the fish and chips. Food in the dining room is still hit or miss to me, but the wait staff is excellent. In fact, this crew was excellent in general mostly everywhere. We had one incident in Martinique where we did an afternoon ships excursion. It was a snorkel trip and the boat docked along the pier where the ship was docked. The seas were rough and we missed the first stop but we found a beach with snorkeling. The crew on the excursion was great and we actually enjoyed the trip a lot. We got back late. All onboard was 4:30 and we boarded at 4:40 only to be yelled at by a crew member with "you're late". I'm sorry that I was not in the right state of mind to get his name. I did go to Guest Services to report him. They should have known who was in the area at that time. Most everyone else was gone. There were 44 of us. And I am still pissed at being dressed down by a crew member when it wasn't our fault and we were on a ship's excursion. Guest services wasn't very helpful and told me to report it on my survey, which I did. I'm probably going to also send PCL an email. On another note, here's something that was absolutely brilliant. The first show in the Princess theater (other than Production shows) was simulcast in the Explorer's Lounge, where I could sit on a comfy sofa and relax with a cocktail. Whoever came up with that deserves kudos! Overall, it was a great cruise with a great itinerary (except for Trinidad).

Loved the 14 days that wasn't B2B

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by seagypsea

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

In fact, this crew was excellent in general mostly everywhere.

Overall, it was a great cruise with a great itinerary (except for Trinidad).
seagypsea’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE R737
This cabin is very quiet. I was a little concerned because it appears to be under the kitchen/clean up area between Planks and Steamers and it's right down from the heavy doors out to the pool area, but it was fine. The beds were very comfortable. The shower is so small that I had to turn the water on, turn it off and lather up and wash and then turn the water back on, but there's not room to fix that. Just something you learn to deal with.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Antigua
    We had a group of 15 on a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Samuel was our driver and guide for the day. We chose the itinerary and first drove across the island to Long Bay Beach. Barbara greeted us and offered us her chairs for $5/ea and she had a beach bar as well. Water was crystal clear and beautiful. We stayed for about 2 hours. Next time I will spend the day here. Then we drove halfway across the island and headed south to the coast, thru the rainforest. Next stop was Turners Beach and we stayed here for about 2 hours or so also. There's a very nice restaurant here with restrooms. They have palapas on the beach free of use that we put our towels under. While the beach was beautiful, the water was a lovely turquoise but not clear at all and there was a major dropoff that folks were having difficulty with. The majority of our group loved this place the best, but it wasn't for me. We then drove along the coast to beautiful water views and back to the port. Overall it was a lovely day.
    View All 13,546 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Aruba
    We just got off the ship and walked around for awhile and shopped. We've been here many times and have been all over the island and to the beaches. It's a lovely place to visit.
    View All 1,670 Aruba Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Aruba Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    We motored over to Carlisle Beach to swim with turtles (and we did) and then motored closer to the beach and anchored for a swim. Then we set sail and sailed down the coast and back for around 2 hours. It was awesome and a perfect day.
    View All 70 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Beach
    We did the 5 hour trip with the ship. The price is reasonable, the place and beach are lovely with great facilities, food, bars and shops. The water is crystal clear and I floated in it for hours. We came back and walked off the ship after dinner since we were in port until 10 p.m. We walked thru the fort and into some of the shops then over to the bridge which was closed to foot traffic at the time so we took the free ferry over. We took some sunset pictures, walked around the shops but most were closed or closing and then sat at the waterfront cafe and had food and drinks and watched all the lights come on. After dark we walked back over the bridge and back thru the fort to the ship. This is an island I've always felt perfectly safe on and love it's beauty and all the pastel colors.
  • Snorkeling
    Although the crew did the best they could, they water was very choppy and we had to miss the bat cave snorkel. They took us down to a small local beach and we were able to actually dock. They had a snorkel area but the water wasn't very clear mostly due to the choppy sea. So while the crew was great the excursion overall was disappointing due to sea conditions and they got us back late.
    View All 7 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Port of Spain (Trinidad)
    Our guide and driver were excellent. The tour itself was a little too much walking and standing in different areas listening to the history. It was all very informative but I probably would have done something else with all the standing around. We then went to the Royal botanical gardens but it started to pour rain and we skipped it. We then went to Lady Lookout and I did get off to take some pictures in the rain. The tour of the town was OK. We rode among the wealth and trash. All the people we encountered were lovely, but this is not some place I would return to.
    View All 13,546 Port of Spain (Trinidad) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port of Spain (Trinidad) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    We love St. Kitts but weren't up to doing anything so we just walked around the shops and enjoyed the lovely port.
    View All 1,726 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    We took a taxi to Megans Bay. Always lovely water and we saw a turtle! First time for that.
    View All 4,722 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews