3. Silver Muse
I picked this cruise line as I was travelling alone and wanted to be pampered and safe. The single supplement was a reasonable 25%. The itinerary was exciting and I enjoyed every port of call. The excursions were great with very comfortable coaches and knowledgeable guides. There were a great variety of different options, with the majority included in the cost of the cruise. I also had a day before the cruise in an amazing 5*hotel. Had a little time to explore before embarking and a couple of days in Singapore after the cruise as I had a late night flight home. Embarkation was smooth as I needed wheelchair assistance as I can’t stand for long periods of time. I’ve had to select ‘Yes’ for travelling with children as this system would not accept the ‘NO’ option????? I did not have children with me. The ship and crew were even more magnificent than I had thought. I do have one major complaint (see lower down - nothing to do with onboard staff) The food was incredible and the wines and cocktails perfect. There were lots of different options for eating and lots of choice on each menu so all tastes were catered for. If anyone had specific dietary requirements then nothing was too much trouble. Nowhere was crowded so I always felt that I had space to myself if I wanted it. However- there were always opportun ities to mix with other guests. Everyone you met on corridors, lifts, poolside and lounges said hello and chatted about the wonderful time they were having. I met many lovely fellow passengers and will stay in touch and we hope to be able to visit each other. After a couple days the staff on board knew your name and they were always smiling and so helpful. The ‘Voices of the Muse’ were very, very talented as were the other entertainers. No matter what type of music you liked you could enjoy it somewhere on board. The pool is excellent and also very pretty. In fact all of the ship is even better than photos show. I had such a great time that I wanted to stay on for the next leg of the cruise- ending in Bali. This is where my only area of complaint comes in. Even though the ship was just a little over half full SilverSea initially would not offer any discount at all! The onboard Cruise Director made several more phone calls but the most that SilverSea would do was to take a measly £200 off the cost of the cruise AND I would have to arrange my own flights home on top! I felt that was a very mean offer and said no. I don’t understand why they could not offer a reasonable deal when there was soooo much suite availability. I wasn’t asking for a free cruise- I was prepared to pay a reasonable amount but there was just no flexibility at all. So - overall - the cruise was simply amazing, over and above anything you could imagine and the crew from Captain down to every other person on board were outstanding but staff at head office very unhelpful when I asked to stay on.

Amazing ship and crew

Thaxted333’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Classic Verandah Suite
Cabin CV 516
So spacious and well designed. Plenty of hanging space and all types of hanger! Lots of drawers and good sized safe. Space to see shoes out.
Flexible lighting arrangements. . Amazing bathroom with separate shower and bath. Lovely toiletries and fluffy towels. Plenty of shelving to store stuff.
Enormous TVs - embedded in mirrors. It was difficult to watch tv if lights were on due to the reflections in the mirrors. Good selection of channels and movies.
Huge, comfortable bed with high quality linen. Great choice of pillows.
Excellent lounge area with large coffee table that could be converted to a larger table with ease. Powerful hair drier so no need to pack your own. Small sewing kit and shoe shine. Great veranda with table, chairs and foot rests.
Luggage stored under bed so it was out of sight.
Barely felt ship movement. Not too far from lifts. Didn’t hear any noise from other suites.
Laundrette with washer, dryer, detergent, ironing board and full sized steam iron. Just note time on watch or set timer on phone - retire to the poolside- have a small cocktail then when time is up go a k to laundry to move washing to dryer. That allows next person to come in and get their washing on. Therefore there will be no ill feeling. Came home with very little dirty washing.
Deck 6 Suite Cabins