• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Lucy Stephanie
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin:
Ha Long Bay sunset on a boat.
Ha Long Bay tour
Ha Long Bay tour
Sunset at Ha Long Bay.
"Kissing Rocks" at Ha Long Bay
Deer Looking Back Statue in Sanya, China.
Phoenix Island, Sanya, China buildings
Sanya, China
Pic from the ship. Phoenix Island, Sanya, China
On the tour bus in Sanya, China, I saw this. Is that like a Grab Taxi? Zebr

Well it was my first time going on a cruise so I think it was alright. Good thing Super Star Virgo (SSV) decided to port in Manila because finally I experienced going on a cruise! I didn't really know what to expect so everything is bright and shiny for me. Haha.

I did read some of the reviews here hence the title. The other reviews kind of prepared me on what to expect but hey I still enjoyed my time on SSV. There wasn't much to hate about it at all. Even with a despicable smartphone and the corrupted micro SD card, I still had a good time during the whole cruise experience. This is going to be a bit long so read at your own risk. :)

The theme of the trip was Spiderman inspired. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse stickers and posters were all over the ship. Even Spiderman cosplayers were onboard with us. They had Spiderman themed games for kids to enjoy and for adults to do photo ops with the cosplayers. Too bad I didn't meet my college batchmate while she was working. Haha. Good for her and her fellow cosplayers though. Work cruise ftw.

We stayed in an Inside Stateroom or Inside cabin which is of course windowless but it had an illustration of a window looking out to a sunny ocean view. Haha. That's good enough for me. It serves its purpose. A good place to sleep. :)

17 Helpful Votes