3. MSC Meraviglia
We booked this to give our legs a rest from our tour of Europe with a view to getting rested and primed for the next leg and beyond, but we didn't count on the wonderous sights we would miss if we didn't get off the ship at each port. We travelled on the cruise as 'upgraded' guests in the 'Yacht Club', and, from the very moment we arrived at the terminal in Barcelona, the Yacht Club staff made us feel reaĺly special. Now, I'm not used to being upgraded, so I asked why. I was told that Australians and Americans are frequently upgraded so we can go back home and tell our families and friends about the experience. Well, they've got that right. I'm all over this. The 'Yacht Club' is a section of the ship, on the highest decks, right up front. Now I can hear everyone now saying, "But the middle of the ship is the calmest when there's a big swell". Now let me clear this up right now. This ship is, as I understand it, the 3rd biggest cruise ship in the world at roughly 167,000 tons displacement. Furthermore, it's a modern ship which is very able to smooth out any of the, err, bumps if you like, that the Mediterranean throws her way. It's huge and it looks it from anywhere you can see it. It dwarfed every other ship I saw, and that's enough about the ships size. The 'Yacht Club' is essentially a no go zone for anyone who isn't travelling as a Yacht Club passenger. For us it felt a little, or maybe a lot above our pay grades but we soon settled in. It wasn't difficult at all. I was worried I'd not know how to deal with a 24 hour concierge and butler service, but heh, they were really nice people who made me feel that we should utilise their services, so I did. The cabin was really comfortable, especially after I asked for and got the extra pillows of which there were multiple types to choose. In the Yacht Club, all the drinks are complimentary. They got off light with me since at 63 years of age I don't over do the alcahol. They might have regretted upgrading me 25 years ago.

A whole better place to be.

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by Terry Hooper

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

Now, I'm not used to being upgraded, so I asked why.

Well, they've got that right. I'm all over this.

It's huge and it looks it from anywhere you can see it.

It dwarfed every other ship I saw, and that's enough about the ships size.

In the Yacht Club, all the drinks are complimentary.

Terry Hooper’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Meraviglia price drops

Yacht Club Deluxe Suite
Cabin YC1 16018
The cabin was 24 square metres, as opposed to the 16 square metres we'd originally booked.
The bathroom shower was adequarely sized and the water pressure was just fine.
The bed was very comfortable and the lounge was a comfortable space for sitting.
The balcony had a table and 2 chairs with enough space to utilise them properly.
There was actually nothing that I could fault with the cabin.
Pyramids Deck Suite Cabins