3. Anthem of the Seas
I chose this cruise because of the deal on free gratuities. I hate that I have to pay double as a solo traveler, however. I decided to splurge on a balcony cabin, and in that I was not disappointed. I was in 6520, and except for hearing rehearsals in the theater, it was generally quiet. My cabin attendant Estefie was excellent, as she couldn't do enough for me. I liked the size of the cabin, but not as happy with the small shower. It was great having a balcony, even though I would have liked to have one with a lounge chair. i was very happy with the dining on board. I ate in the American Icon most of the time and requested Kazi, who took special care of me. I found the food to be excellent. I only ate in one specialty restaurant, Chops Grille. It was fabulous. For breakfast and lunch I usually ate in the Windjammer, and I was very pleased with the food and the service there. I also saw and chatted with Kazi. I ate in the Icon for breakfast once, but the service was very slow. There were many activities in which I could have been involved. Mostly I found some good table tennis players who were very challenging and I had a great time. I did the bumper cars, North Star, and I Fly Ripcord, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe next time I'll try the trapeze, if I can face my fear of heights. There were plenty of trivias in which I could have participated, but decided to relax and not rush to join in the fun. As far as the entertainment went, I was disappointed in the shows for which I had made reservations. The music and vocalists were so loud that they drowned out the words of the songs, and since I couldn't understand the words, it made the shows a waste of time. By the time I sat through 40 minutes of We Will Rock You, I got up and left. It was more fun to participate in the tree lighting ceremony in the main area, singing Christmas carols and enjoying the playing of the small group of instrumentalists. One ridiculous event was the timing of the party for the return RCCL cruisers. 10 a.m.? To drink that early in the day in just stupid. My brother and sister-in-law are currently on the same cruise and they said there was just rot gut champagne. I've been on many NCL cruises and the parties have always been later in the day and have an open bar. Now that's a real perk! I was very pleased with the service all over the ship. Everyone was very friendly and anxious to please. The ship was clean. I would love to cruise on this ship again. I liked the itinerary and the ship was beautiful.

Great except for the loud music

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Tigerpuss