Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by klarfitz

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

This was our 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise and our second onboard this ship - our maiden cruise was onboard this ship and it was great. 3 years later the ship is old and worn. First issue was the weather, it was windy and cold when we left Cape Canaveral and didn't much improve over the next 3 days, so we missed the CocoCay stop. I understand this is not something RC controls and it's really a minor factor in this review. Lesson learned... don't book eastern Caribbean in December. WE selected "My Time" dining based on experience with it on a Princess cruise, however it's not really the same. What it allows you to do is change dinner reservations during the cruise, assuming what you want is available. Otherwise you are pushed to he side and seated as the cruise decides. Another lesson learned. The ship itself is tired and worn with all panels lifting away. The dinner menu is pretty much uninspired and food quality is OK. The absolute worst part was our cabin, 8150, it's below the Solarium pool deck and under a crew work area. We received a free upgrade to a junior suite and thought "good deal". As momma told me "there's no such thing as a free lunch". This has to be the noisiest room on the ship. We were kept awake all night on the first night with bumps, thuds, and metal-on-metal scraping over us starting about 2am. I mentioned it to our attendant and he told us to call "O" and complain. On the second night it started up again and was told they would investigate. It stopped about 3:30am. On the 3rd night it started again about 2am and once again I called. It stopped about 3 am. Tee next morning I went to the Guest desk and lodged a formal complaint. They gave me a 25% credit off this fare for use on another RC cruise (should have been 50-75%. I was assured that they would close the work area during our final night to stop the noise. Actually it did stay quiet until about 4 am, then it started up again. However, that brought to light another problem... a repeated creaking sound over the bed area. Hard to describe, but I thought my wife was wheezing. Turns out with all the other noises, this one was masked. Anyway, 4 sleepless nights and we're debating whether another RC cruise is worth the gamble.

klarfitz's Full Rating Summary