3. Grandeur of the Seas
Baltimore is close to home. Saving airfair allows $$ for massages and a suite. The extra room and balcony was great. A quiet place to relax. Room service was great on a rocky sea night. After a busy day on excursions it was wonderful to have some room to stretch out and relax. I want my vacation to be relaxing. For excursions we go snorkeling so a lack of physical activities on board are not missed. Yes the clientele does tend to run older. I guess I am beginning to fall into that category in my mid 50s. The older crowd did seem to have fun. Many have sailed multiple times on this ship and many have many friends they meet on board. This is my 2nd sailing. Many guests seemed to have bonded with their servers in the main dining room. Our head waiter took very good care of my party of 3. I like the food in the windjammer. Give it an 8. The main dining room is my favorite for dinner. Last cruise we tried the specialty dining and only return to Izumi. Luckily there was not the hard sell for specialty dining this year. I am not a big one for shows, eating at 8 made it hard to see any. Watched them a day later on ship tv. Not much for line dancing and ballroom,swing, etc but those who did join seemed to have a good time. It is hard to find a seat in common areas with the older crowd but with a suite we could find seating in the concierge lounge. The cruise director had a good time and many of the activities were humorous. Perhaps it was due to my first cruise or it being over the Christmas holidays for last year but the presence of the cruise director was non-existent last year while he was everywhere this year. I don’t have kids and appreciated the lack of kids on the trip. Last year for Christmas they were running around unchecked. We picked some beach escape excursions and they are just not worth it. Love the catamarans and snorkel. The best of beach, sailing and swimming -no more beach escapes for us. The rum tours on St Croix was great. St Kitts to Nevis Fan2Sea catamaran is a favorite. The biggest issue and it’s a problem we have seen for the last two years are the vendors who really won’t take no for an answer and return repeatedly to sell trinkets, massages etc. When all you want is to soak up some sun. All in all a good trip.have booked again for next year.

Relaxing. No lines

alisonplays’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 2 Bedrooms
Cabin GT 8584
Awesome. Room to stretch out and relax. Awesome balcony made it worth it. The perks were nice, a fruit plate or pastry daily. We used the concierge lounge daily. Embarkation was a breeze. I don’t think I can go back to a normal room.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins