3. Carnival Paradise
This cruise was a far cry from the service and standards received on other Carnival Cruises. There were a lot of things that were not up to par. My list of things that fell short. 1.) Not sailing day one disappointing (missed going to Grand Cayman) and spent 25 hours in Cozumel 2.) Cruise director seemed absent from most events 3.) Constant sewage smell and backups this was all over the ship. Most noteable on the “suite balcony” we paid extra for 4.) Drinks were poured very weak. Powerade drinks were being counted as part of the 15 drink quota (this should be just for alcohol) 5.) On board events and activities seemed to be much less than normal ( one event going on at a time where other cruises would have 3-4 things on at a time all day)  6.) Food day one at dinner was beyond disappointing. It improved but there was never a hot meal. All cold by the time it came out this included tepid coffee served at the end of the meal. No food was cooked correctly you had to ask for a rare steak to get medium. You can tell the fries and things they included as sides were tiny portions and reused from other stations on the boat or other meals. I guess lobster is a thing of the past? Food at the Lido Deck buffet was lackluster to say the least. It felt like no care was taken in presentation and or options on the bar. The best food on the boat was Guys burger joint which is a sad that settling for a burger beat most of the dining on the ship. Good thing it’s hard to mess up a burger. Also alternative food options closing much earlier. 7.) Same comedians the entire trip. (They still we’re awesome at all shows) but seeing the same person felt like we were trying to be ok with what we were dealt. Bar and serving staff were overwhelmed with orders one server per section when everyone was trying to get drinks ( I feel like this resulted in the negative attitudes of servers and staff) 8.) Crew seemed to be overall disgruntled or not happy to be there ( not all but a lot were not pleasant to deal with ) attitudes drastically improved when we tipped large amounts. (Don’t force us to include gratuity if the staff won’t appreciate it when we don’t tip) In order to get decent service you have to tip above what you were already forced to tip. 9.) Room service after 10:00 pm is a fee and no longer free. This would be fine if you open up other late night food options on the boat other than pizza. 10.) Photo staff you can tell were on a strict quota for photos as they became almost bothersome not letting you leave after taking a couple of photos. You felt as if you were being forced into multiple photos. (Prices of photos increased as well which makes no sense since most are digital now. I refuse to buy any photos at those prices) 11.) Debarkation morning room service is no more. I used to eat in the stateroom and head down to the gangway.  All in All my group had a good time, however it was not the carnival cruise lines I had told everyone about from 4 years ago. We were avid Royal Caribbean cruisers before our first trip on Carnival. We were impressed with Carnival and started splitting our vacations with both Carnival and RCCL. I would rather pay 50-100 dollars more a head than see the standards lowered. The ship sat in port from 4pm until 5am. And then stopped in Cozumel for 24 hours. You would think with the amount of fuel that was saved by not moving the ship for 30% of the time on the boat could result in some form of refund. The itineraries that are directly to Cozumel and back are cheaper than the ones that stop in Grand Cayman as well. P.S. the mints on the pillow are gone too. People notice dumb things.

Cutbacks and Sewage

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Cuban424

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony Grand Suite

2.) Cruise director seemed absent from most events

I would rather pay 50-100 dollars more a head than see the standards lowered.

P.S. the mints on the pillow are gone too. People notice dumb things.
Cuban424’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Extended Balcony Grand Suite
Cabin ES U90
Cabin was nice. Much nicer than other smaller rooms I have been in. Constant sewage smell on the ship was on the balcony and in our bathroom.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins