3. Le Boreal
I have always wanted to visit Pitcairn and Easter Island, so this cruise became an excellent opportunity to visit these two isolated destinations. I arrived in Papeete five days before the cruise was due to begin. This gave me plenty of time to explore Papeete, do a round island and inner island tour and laze by the pool. The embarkation in Papeete was the best of my three Ponant cruises. My cabin on Deck 3 was central to everything, especially Reception, the main lounge and the theatre on deck 4. As a solo traveller I had more than enough storage space. Shower was always hot and with good pressure. Service by all staff I encountered was excellent. I was made to feel welcome, staff soon learning my preferences like sparkling water at lunch and dinner, tea with milk at breakfast etc.. most importantly my name. The service provided by my cabin steward was excellent.. I enjoyed the captain's enthusiasm for the voyage, the South Pacific, Easter Island and our sighting of whales on our last evening at sea just west of Valparaiso. Unfortunately we were unable to land on Pitcairn Island due to big seas, 'so close and yet so far'.

Amazing Cruise French Polynesia, Easter Island and sea voyage to Valparasio

JEM2346’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ponant Le Boreal price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin DS 326
Great cabin central to everything. No issues with noise or vibration.
  Le Boreal Deck Plans