Emerald Princess Cruise Review
1,737 Reviews

Princess? What's the opposite of Princess?

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by MikeNTeriAZ

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

As others have noted, Princess was tauted as one of the best cruises/cruiselines but we found it severely lacking. Again as Doxiesmom said about getting lost, we did as well numerous times but somehow always seemed to end up by all the hundreds of photos, the casino or the Lotus Spa. It was not a diabetic friendly cruise as even though we had purchased the soda package, the only diet soda available anywhere was diet coke. Diet Sprite/Sprite Zero could be had but it cost $2.00. What??? One sugar free option for dessert in the buffet which we ate dinner at each night instead of the main dining room. The Salty Dog was a joke that we paid $24 extra for. Come to find out the last night in the dining room they served those burgers there. Hmm.. Tell me again that food all comes from different kitchens on a cruise? The burgers and fries were great on the pool deck but it was always too cold to eat there. Luckily we did get one good meal in Cabo and that pretty much sustained us until we got back home.

We had a balcony which was really nice. Looking down upon others' balconies wasn't interesting as one might think it would be. The latches on the balcony were rusted off as others have said but didn't bother us. However we were surprised our bed linens were not changed in the entire five nights. How do I know? Well the same torn ragged sheet was at the same corner of the bed for the entire time.

Entertainment, well we went to the comedians but were not very impressed. The music in the Piazza was just way too loud all the time and the lack of seating in that area was bothersome because there were some people who took up residence there I believe. We did sleep well but the beds must be that memory foam stuff as well as the pillows because we woke up drenched every morning.

Overall not the greatest cruise but of course everyone has different opinions. I loved the hair/head massages but the haircut I got was very minimal even though I said take a lot off. The tv was nice, glad they showed movies repeatedly but wish we'd known earlier that they did that. I went to one evening movie in the theater and was surprised that it wasn't edited for language. I'm not a prude but I do think in a public venue like that language and sex should be edited. There were like twenty people in the audience and after the first ten minutes of F-this and F-that, there were five of us left. I stayed because I had seen the movie only a few days prior and wanted to see it on a bigger screen.

So I think we'll be sticking with Royal Caribbean. The service and quality of entertainment/food was much better with them and now we know the difference.

I'm glad several people liked this cruise. I'm sorry we were not two of them.

One other thing, the cleanliness of public spaces was severely lacking. In the Piazza area, there were glasses and food plates left near the elevators on the floor, several coffee cups all over the place, and not one stinking or non-stinking garbage can to be found ANYWHERE. WHAT The heck is up with NO place to throw your trash away???? This was throughout the ship and thoroughly annoying as was the plastic straws everywhere.

MikeNTeriAZ's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Cabin nice, clean however linen was not changed during the entire five nights. What's up with that?

Los Angeles

What does this port have against clear signage???? Thank goodness the local cop let me off with a warning and no ticket.

Glass Bottom Boat Tour

Was great fun. Only six on boat. Not booked through Princess. Ate at great restaurant nearby. NOT Senor Frogger!

View All 26 Glass Bottom Boat Tour Reviews