3. Emerald Princess
This was our first cruise. We had a mini-suite--the bedding was extremely comfortable and our Attendant Alex was perfect. Lots to do, we missed most of the shows. The comedian on the last night was great, the dancing was fun. Buffet was mediocre but got the job done in the mornings. Evening anytime dining was good. We paid extra for Share (Curtis Stone) and it was absolutely worth the extra $29. It was the best meal of our vacation and the service at Share was impeccable. (Service from all dining rooms was great.) We also bought the Salty Dog Gastro Pub, not our favorite. Pizza from 11 am to 11 pm was my fiance's favorite feature, and the soft serve was my daughter's favorite. Shore excursions were made easy through the transfers. I recommend the Tortilla Workshop and my daughter loved swimming with dolphins in Cabos. Spa was pricey, but my nail tech Anna was fantastic--probably the best manicure I've ever received, and 2.5 weeks later it's still holding strong. Craft program for adults could be upgraded, as it was "sold out" (although free) every time. They added second classes to accommodate. Kids program seemed empty most of the time. My child was on the cusp between kid and teen and so she didn't use the service. It wasn't a kid cruise, but seemed like enough for all ages to do.

Our First Cruise