Viking Akun Cruise Review

Absolutely sensational trip in every way

Viking Akun Cruise Review by copiteck

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Russia River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

We loved both Moscow and St. Petersburg and all the little stops along the cruise.

Food was very good. We enjoyed the regional choices available. Waitstaff was top notch.

Tour director did a great job. We enjoyed the Russian language lessons and the games.

We liked the history lectures. We enjoyed all of the tours. But it is tough when you have to choose between 2 at the same time. All of the tour guides did a great job. I did do one comment card about the Moscow subway for I felt that the directions should have been given above ground where you could hear. You could not hear on the whisperers down in the station and I felt that some of our group were very uncomfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to go on the Moscow subway so please keep that in. We enjoyed the ballet in St. Petersburg but would have also liked to see the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow. Loved the Cossack show. Enjoyed the vodka tasting. Thought that the meet your neighbor was a great idea--did not have that on a previous Viking Cruise. Loved the balloons when we left Moscow. It was a really great cruise and I have told many people about it.

copiteck's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin AX 331

Cabin is small but adequate. We really spent very little time there. My daughter did not like the loose shower curtain in the bathroom--she felt that it always clung to her. We did enjoy the veranda. The room was always supplied with bottles of water which my daughter appreciated.

copiteck