3. Viking Bragi
My wife and I had been talking of taking a river cruise for years. So we finally took one for our 45th anniversary. It was a wonderful cruise. We had been on several ocean cruises, which we enjoy, but a river cruise is somewhat different due to the smaller number of passengers and more personal attention by the staff. The service in all areas (dining, cabin, service) were great. Extra kudos to Betty who waited on us in the dining room and in the lounge area made the cruise really wonderful. She was so sweet! We had purchased the drink package and she would recommend different wines at dinner that she thought we would enjoy which most of the time we did and if we didn't, she would get something else. They try to serve food that is of the local cuisine, which I enjoyed most of the time, my wife was a little more sceptical so she would chose more of the standard menu items. Our cruise director, Joey, made sure we stayed informed of what was happening and was going to happen. He did a great job. The included shore excursions were well planned and enjoyed them. We also had purchased several optional excursions also. We meet some new friends on the cruise that we really enjoyed spending time with, playing cards, dancing and dining. At night, after dinner we really enjoyed the music in the lounge, my wife and I love to dance. I can not recall their names, but they were a husband and wife. He played the keyboard, both sang. They were very good and played all types if music. There was a downfall to the trip though, we did not enjoy the flights from the US and back as we flew economy and will play a big part of a decision to go again. The flights were full and in economy seats very uncomfortable. Was glad to get off of the plan when it landed, going and coming home.

Our first River Cruise

Cowboy296’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Bragi price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 319
Our cabin seemed larger than it probably was. It had storage for our large suitcases under the bed. It had several drawers and a large closet for hanging clothes. We probably brought too much clothes. The cabin had a balcony that we used some but not alot. Our cabin steward did a wonderful job of keeping the cabin clean and well stocked.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins