3. Celebrity Edge
Total Epic Disappointment as the Edge was not ready for paying customers. There were so many issues during the weekend, they should be ashamed of themselves. We would have never booked a Sky Suite and gotten excited over the Retreat had we known we were Guinea Pigs (I guess the word Preview should have alerted me). Celebrity is way more impressed with themselves than we are. The few PROS as to why I even gave 2 stars is the boarding process went smoothly, the buffet had a good variety of food, the four 'open' restaurants had a nice ambiance and the ship was pretty because it was new. So far, nothing here warrants buying a suite and having a private dining room so save your money and go for a regular room if you decide to sail the Edge. The CONS are too long to list so here are just a few: The suites are way too expensive for what you get which is almost nothing more than a regular room. My biggest disappointment is that the room I booked was NOT as described by Celebrity as I was so excited to have the bed facing the water, as that is what the Celebrity website photo showed. The bed faced the wall as did most other rooms. The rooms are tinier than the older ships! I specifically chose room 6194 as I like the rooms that 'jut' out of the boat so we did have a larger (than most) balcony with open space, whereas many other rooms have a bit larger interior room (tho still small) with virtually no balcony and enclosed by a window. We overheard many people complaining about their balconies. The Luminae 'private' restaurant was pitiful with the smallest portions I've ever seen - truly a joke. We waited over 20 minutes to sit the first day (ok, that's a busy day, I get it) but why have a private restaurant if you cannot accomodate? The next few nights we were told that 6:30-8:00 are so busy to come after 8:00pm. Frankly, we ate at the buffet almost every meal as we left Luminae starving anyway so we skipped it. The Retreat Lounge had conflicting information, some servers wanted to charge us for drinks, some didn't and one couple got charged for water which for sure was free in the lounge. No one had solid answers as they were ill-trained. Our butler was non-existent. Saw him once for 10-minutes and then ended up making my own restaurant reservations or anything I needed. Of course we got charged a large gratuity anyway.... The second day we received a letter that we had not provided a credit card and so next thing we knew they shut down our internet package. This was insane as we had proof that we gave our credit card - so Guest Relations, which was 20 people deep most of the weekend with complaints, took our credit card again, turned on our WiFi and never said much of an apology. That was a fun 30-minute activity on the ship, not..... I can go on and on but suffice to say Celebrity better get their act together as people were so mad at the inefficiencies, slow service, lack of activities, etc. and frankly while people do not spend a ton of time in the room, these are smaller than most other ships in same category. It was obvious that all they cared about was taking more and more of our money throughout the weekend and not caring if the client was satisfied. I will not sail Celebrity again as much as I used to love the brand.

Total Disappointment in Celebrity

1director’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1 6184
Beware that the photos on Celebrity and all other websites do not depict this room properly. The bed does not face the water as shown. It is a smallish room for a suite, though laid out fine otherwise with plenty of storage and a decent bathroom. The balcony is large compared to most others on the ship, however the Magic Carpet stays on deck 5 most of the time so while it does not hinder the view, you do see the roof most of the time. There is music coming from the magic carpet, however that was sort of nice and did not bother us.
See photos below of Magic Carpet from our balcony.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins