3. Murray Princess
When we arrived at our embarkation point, Mannum, after a 1.15 hour coach trip from hotel pickup Adelaide the temperature was in the high 30c, alas that was as good as it gets! For the next 4 days it was cold & rainy, not the companies fault though. We booked an outside cabin (outside onto the deck) with 2 single beds, as a double was not available unless we paid an extra $200. I am 6+foot tall medium weight, these cabins are not designed for people like me, they are tiny in comparrison to ocean cruises. the bed was too short, the bathroom & shower so small I could not clean my feet in the shower nor shave easily in the basin. The toilet is also tiny. Hopefully the suites are bigger Because of the weather & wind, we were unable to do most of the shore tours as the captain was not prepared to tie up on the bank. The food however was very good, the wine prices reasonable (expect to pay $23+ for a bottle) The on board credit system worked well. There are only 2 x 4 person lifts on the boat so if climbing stairs, some are steep, is a problem then you may need to reconsider this boat. The age profile for our trip was late 60s+ this may not suit the 35+ age group. Probably would be a good idea to reserve some cruises for a younger age profile. The evening entertainment was a very good keyboard & guitar/singer, however it was a small audience after dinner, due to age I suspect. The cruises go for 3,4, & 8 nights. 4 was enough for us.

Disappointed because of the weather

Murray Princess Cruise Review by terry.v

For the next 4 days it was cold & rainy, not the companies fault though.

The cruises go for 3,4, & 8 nights. 4 was enough for us.
terry.v’s Full Rating Summary