3. Carnival Dream
Chose this cruise in early December because I love a winter vacation without the kids and during this time of year between Thanksgiving and Christmas . . . the price is right (as Bob Barker and Drew Carey would say). It was my 3rd Carnival cruise, my first one on the Carnival Dream, and the first one out of New Orleans. Embarkation and Disembarking has improved with each cruise I've gone on. The food was good (love Guy's burgers), overall the ship was clean and I had a good time. We very much enjoyed the Punchliner comedy club as well as the 80's music show that was put on in the main Encore lounge / theater. The cruise director Alex is one of the best. The exercise room on this ship was a little small for my expectations, they had way too many treadmills and not enough room for free weight activities. Serenity adult area is nice, quiet, and comfortable - that is unless you are there when they blow the horn leaving port - scared the you know what out of me for a moment. Many other reviews here have complained of foul smells at different places on this ship. I will say I noticed a few areas that smelled, but nothing more than you experience in everyday life. I generally noticed it more often going by the same rooms and it didn't smell like sewage, it smelled more like people and people's clothes who don't bathe frequently enough.

Enjoyable

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MO man

MO man’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT 1204
Enjoyed the portholes (free view compared to other inside cabin priced rooms). Really didn't experience much noise except when the ship was adjusting in the docking process. The Upper/Lower bunks were surprisingly comfortable, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone old, fat, or out of shape. It was very sturdy and comfortable, but it got a little tiring by the end of the week and on nights I had to get up for some reason in the middle of the night.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• City Tour
    Wasn't planning on doing this, but we talked them down to $20/person so thought what the heck. They made a stop at the BELIZE letters overlooking the ocean as well as at a rum factory for the very small free sample of some kind of rum punch that was pretty tasty.
    View All 81 City Tour Reviews
  • Scuba
    Went on the 2 tank dive and thoroughly enjoy it. Well operated SCUBA company. We saw many colorful fish, a nurse shark, etc. Can't say enough how well I enjoyed this trip, but you have to provide certification - so no beginners on this one.
  • Roatan
    Just did a little shopping for a souvenir and walked to the beach. Enjoyed the free beach and some swimming and sun.
    View All 2,825 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews