3. Emerald Princess
My wife and I chose this cruise line after sailing with Carnival the past five years. The Emerald Princess is a decent ship, however, she is starting to show her age. First things first. Be aware that this Cruise has guests that are averaging late 60s to late 70s in age. Therefore, you will see quite a few scooters, wheelchairs, and walkers. One thing that I will say as a positive with this cruise, is that getting on the ship was extremely easy. Our room was E419, which is supposed to be and obstructed view. However, the obstruction was actually minimal. One of the other things that I will mention in more detail is the cabin size. Normally, we get a balcony room. However, this time (because it was our first cruise with Princess) we decided to get a window or ocean view. This actually saved us quite a few dollars, because usually you hear that people are only in their rooms to sleep. This is not always true. After you have been on several of these cruises, sometimes you want to just stay in your room and relax. Now the room. Our room was much smaller than on a similarly equipped Carnival ship. Also about the room. To our right just outside are the lifeboats. The staff decided to paint the underside of the railing, which caused them to use hammers and scrapers, making a ton of noise. The tapping became so annoying that I had to actually go down to guest services and ask them if they could hold off with the tapping until we went ashore. They did not guarantee that the workers would stop, but eventually they did. As we arrived in Honolulu (our first port), we could hear them tapping again but we were leaving the ship anyway.

First and (maybe last) Cruise with PC

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by SL13143

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

SL13143’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E419
As I stated above, the cabin for us was definitely smaller than a similarly equipped Carnival ship, such as the Miracle. The room was definitely clean, The bed and bedding were in great shape, however, the bathroom and shower were very small especially the shower. You could barely turn around inside of the shower it was so small.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Honolulu
    By far one of the best luaus we have attended. I would highly recommend the Paradise Cove luau over Germains luau. That’s just my personal opinion.
    View All 13,026 Honolulu Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Honolulu Cruise Port Review
  • Hanauma Bay
    It was a great experience! You watch a short nine minute safety video, and then head to the water. I would advise you to bring your own snorkeling gear.
    View All 9 Hanauma Bay Reviews
  • Kauai
    Because of the inclement weather, there wasn’t much to do but go to the local nearby ABC stores and Walmart. There was only one shuttle available to shuttle the whole ship, (or those who decided to get off and go to Walmart). Waiting was terrible. I can’t understand why there is only one shuttle when there are hundreds of people who want to go to Walmart. The average wait time for a shuttle was 20 minutes, and 20 minutes to Walmart. Do the math. If you are at Walmart waiting to come back to the ship, and there are 50 people in front of you, that’s 20 minute one-way 20 minutes back x’s the amount of people. You could be waiting for over an hour or so. It seems like the last time I was here, they were at least two if not three shuttles that went to Walmart. People were rushing to get on before people could even get off. Horrible experience!
    View All 521 Kauai Cruise Port Reviews