3. Norwegian Bliss
We took a 7 day out of Miami. This is our 6th cruise and second on NCL. Here are my impressions. The good We arrived via privately arranged transport around 1pm. This was the fastest embarking on any ship we have been on. We carried our bags off the last day and that was the easiest disembarkation we have seen. I’m not sure what previous people are complaining about with respect to the staff as we found everyone we dealt with friendly and easy to deal with. I’m convinced people just like to complain. The food was good. We ate 3 meals in Manhattan and 3 specialty meals as well as the buffet. Again not sure what people complained about with respect to the buffet. Yes, it was busy but I never had to wait long for food and it was the best we’ve had at sea. Plenty of choices. Really liked the noodle station at lunch and the cheese platter. It’s the cruisers that are the issueup there. People are piggies, eating with their fingers, reusing plates, and filling water bottles directly from the water dispenser despite the signage. Yuck. The Mexican restaurant is the best in my opinion ( we also ate at Q and Le Bistro). Portions are way too large and I could not finish what I ordered but it was all really good. Hubs loved the empanadas. The mohito bar is excellent. Great staff. If you get the drink package check it out. The cruise staff and programs are very good. We hate shows so I can’t rate that but we love trivia and they handed out comparatively decent prizes. Cute game shows. During the last dinner at Manhattan, an officer came and elicited feedback on our experience. I like the fact that we were asked several times over the 7 days how we felt the trip was. The observation area was never hard to get a seat in. The comfy loungers do fill up fast but we always found a spot to read. Again, I think it’s more an issue with fellow passengers who hog the nicest spots and sleep for hours. The bad I say bad but none of this ruined our experience in any way. The Life boat drill did not require bringing your vest and was pretty casual. If there was an emergency, I’m convinced half the people on that ship would die. I’m not sure how you convince 4000 passengers to pay attention and report to the right place but it didn’t make me feel confident. One thing they should fix is the log jam in the center of the ship when you first get on. Everyone is driven into an area near the pub and elevators. My sister got wedged into some game machines by jerks pressing to get through and stubbed her toe. There isn’t enough space in that area for hundreds of people looking for elevators. I am a gambler. The slots are very tight and payout tables are NOT comparable with your local casino. Be prepared to lose and lose fast. If you are a smoker, your choices are limited. We don’t smoke but my sister does and unless your cabin is near the top, expect to walk to puff. She complained about that set up. We always book the thermal suite. It’s not a quiet space and the lights are left on. It would be much better if they enforced quiet ( people on phone calls and hooting and hollering in the pool, chatting in groups in the sauna). People should expect a spa is meant for people to relax in peace. So many inconsiderate jerks booked the suite on this cruise. I also hate the pool is in the same area as the warm stone benches. People run the big waterfall thing and it forces everyone in that area to shout to be heard, adding to the noise. All in all, was a relaxing, casual cruise. We didn’t spend any more that we normally do (another complaint I read about before booking). We really enjoyed Bliss and are considering booking again to go to Alaska.

Excellent experience

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Ct Dawn

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony Stateroom
We took a 7 day out of Miami.

This is our 6th cruise and second on NCL. Here are my impressions.

The good

The bad

I say bad but none of this ruined our experience in any way.

We really enjoyed Bliss and are considering booking again to go to Alaska.
Ct Dawn’s Full Rating Summary