3. Sapphire Princess
Princess Cruises advertised an Endless Drink Package that had Soft Drinks, Mocktails, and Shakes/Malts. My husband loves to have Malts so I purchased the package for both of us, due to what Princess advertised on their website. When my husband went to order a malt, he was informed that the Endless Drink Package did not cover Shakes/Malts. We informed the host that per the Princess Cruise's website when purchased it did. They stated that it no longer does. We had to pay the $2.0 for the malt and then went to the Front Desk to inform them of the Bait and Switch, which is illegal that had happened. The Front Desk emailed Princess Cruise's corporate office, and the corporate office refused to honor what they had advertised. I only purchased the Endless Drink Package due to what they had advertised. They did not remove the advertisement before I had made my purchase, so it should have covered everything that was advertised, but they switch it on be after we had arrived on the ship. This was just wrong! I found many misleading statements by the Art Auction personnel also. The worst was when they stated for my husband and me, to come to the Art Gallery to finalize a purchase at a particular time, and when we arrived, the person at hand was too busy and could not finalize the transaction. He informed us that we had to attend another Art Auction, and then he could help us to finalize the transaction. We attended another auction, and once again we were put off on finalizing the transaction. We met the same person at the Art Gallery again, as instructed. This person again was too busy for us,.and tried to put us off for the third time. I informed him that this was our cruise and he had no right to ruin it for us and had to take care of finalizing the transaction NOW! And, if not, I will ruin any further transaction he had to handle. He then took the time to finalize the transaction. The food that was offered to the passengers was only good on some days, other days the hot dogs and pizza were the only good options. A cruise is supposed to be an enjoyable experience, but ever since Carnival Cruise took over Princess Cruise it has gone downhill, and the Bait and Switch tactic was the most unbelievable thing. Other then the above, the service people were excellent! The cabin was comfortable, entertainment need help in some cases, the guest lecturer was excellent, and the shore excursions were enjoyable. Just beware, Princess Cruises sometimes advertises one thing and then honors another. And, it is never on the plus side, it took a lot out of our enjoyment being Baited and Switched.

Princess Cruises Bait and Switch

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by heatl

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Asia

heatl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

• Bali
    The Highland with monkey tour was beautiful and had people there that would place a peanut on your outreached hand, and then the wild monkey climbs up your leg to either sit on your shoulder or lays across your outreached arm and grabs and eats the peanut while laying down. It was really a new and exciting experience to be one with nature!
    View All 12,792 Bali Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bali Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    On the City Tour, we were able to visit the National Museum and the Kuala Lumpur Tower for lunch. It gave us a history of Kuala Lumpur, what was around the island, and many sights to see. The National Museum started with the early history of man and when through the current day. The lunch was enjoyed at the Kuala Lumpur Tower that is over 1000 feet tall and has a revolving dining area so that people can take in the breathtaking views of the city. Lunch was a buffet style and had different types of Asian Chinese food.
    View All 32 City Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    The Penang Island Tour drove around the area pointing out places of interest, gave the history of the island and its people, and included a buffet lunch. It was a very good coverage of the island and informed us of many different things as we drove around the area. The buffet was in a large reception area of a hotel. It took us a while to get to the reception area since the area had been booked for lunch by many different tour groups. It was so booked that it made obtaining food difficult, and it was hard to move around. We were packed like sardines in the buffet and dining areas.
    View All 9 Island Tour Reviews
  • Phuket
    We went on a boat tour fo the James Bond Island. We could only see the island from the boat. No one on our tour was allowed on the island. The island is very small, and if many people are on the island, it will ruin its natural look and beauty. We were able to see many lush plants covered rocks, and a few small islands that jetted out of the ocean waters. It was very beautiful! We arrived on another island that was inhabited by Thailand people. We saw a Thailand school and had a box lunch. It was crowded, with many tour groups, and you almost did no0t have enough room to eat. It is hot and sticky with all of the humidity that is in this part of the world. You eat as the natives eat on this tour. No large hotels, just outdoor patio areas with roofs and seats and tables. The fan above our table was broken so we had no way to cool down. It was tolerable, but not enjoyable.
    View All 99 Phuket Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Phuket Cruise Port Review
  • Botanic Gardens
    We have this tour of the Botanic Gardens as part of our City Tour. We only had 45 minutes for this area, but we took and stroll and enjoyed seeing the plants and lilies.
    View All 26 Botanic Gardens Reviews
  • City Tour
    The City Tour informed of the Singapore area and also included the Botanic Gardens. The guide assisted in educating us on what there is to see in Singapore, how to travel on the roads to get around, the size of the island, and the hot spots around the different areas.
    View All 31 City Tour Reviews